sound prob!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi. to some of this will be a simple problem.. when i watch a movie or play music every now and again, the sound freezes,dunno how to put it but it sounds robotic lol.it happens alot when im listening to music and clicking on different things on my pc..is it a sound card prob. or need more something else updating on it..any answers wud be apprieciated.:)

Welcome to the site.....

You have posted on the wrong base but im sure the staff will move this to the right one for you :)

Sounds like your computer may be getting TAXED out and thats why your getting freezing when doing too many things... How much Ram do you have aboard?

Do you have Malwarebytes installed? If so try disabling website blocking. It's a known issue they are working to resolve. The problem is that Malwarebytes uses a hook to Windows Firewall to block websites deemed to be malicious, which hammers the hell out of NDIS.sys. This results in a high latency and if your sound card is on the same IRQ as your network card, you'll get stuttering.

I've been having the some problem the past few months, searched and searched, then got the crazy idea to disable website blocking, viola!

It's been reported on their forum: Audio Lag MBAM 1.75 - Malwarebytes Forum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.