diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   PC Based (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/)
-   -   Audio Card for AudioLense Xo and Jriver. Multiway Speaker???? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/229911-audio-card-audiolense-xo-jriver-multiway-speaker.html)

altsouza 13th February 2013 12:06 AM

Audio Card for AudioLense Xo and Jriver. Multiway Speaker????

Hi,

I am going to Build a Multiway Speaker, and I will use AudioLense Xo Crossover capabilities with JRiver MC18.
I allready have the Power Amplfiers, but I need to buy a Multi channel Audio Card.
Lynx Two B card is out of my Budget.
I have researched, and found two options:
1. Fastrack C600 - Very inexpensive at $210
2. Echo Layla 3g - $480
I do not know if these card work well. (Drivers Issues etc...)
Any help will be wellcome.

Thanks
Antonio Souza

bohdan1232000 13th February 2013 03:03 AM

Hi Antonio,

You could be interested in Ultimate Equalizer V4 shown on Bodzio Software
It's much more than an active crossover. Major characteristics of Ultimate Equalizer system are:

• Active system – allows amplifiers to exert maximum control over loudspeaker driver and makes crossover characteristics independent of driver loading.
  • DSP crossover and voicing – maintains crossover and voicing characteristics with mathematical precision. Heaps of filters included.
  • Amplitude and phase HBT equalization – results in flat amplitude and phase responses and extends bass response.
  • Linear phase – maintains 0deg acoustical phase response of each driver, which results in transient-perfect system for correct spatial imaging (realism, depth, resolution, ambience) for multi-channel sound reproduction. Also removes “flabby bass”.
  • Minimum-phase/Linear-phase room EQ – removes most obnoxious room modes.
  • Remote control – via 2.4GHz wireless keyboard and mouse.
  • Use Windows Media Player, or install JRivers Player – to create audio server and state-of-the-art loudspeaker management system (user-friendliness, power, flexibility, cost efficiency and sound quality) on one HTPC.
For the sound card, use Delta1010LT, is $230, and has unbalanced RCA connectors.

Best Regards,
Bohdan

altsouza 13th February 2013 10:39 AM

Hi Bohdan,

I will take a look at your UE, thank you.
Regarding the audio card, i have seen that M audio solved the win 7 issues with the delta card.
But I would prefer a $400 external card, as there are too many cables to deal with in a internal card. Also thre are the pci x pci-e issue, i think i need to buy a pci adapter.
Also i would prefer a newer card, with newer technology.
Any help will be wellcome.
Thanks
Antonio

JLOP 13th February 2013 06:40 PM

Antonio
How many channels do you require ?

altsouza 13th February 2013 06:44 PM

I need 6 channels. My speakers will be 3 way (stereo).