4 way active capable sound card (TA, EQ, XO) - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th September 2013, 10:15 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Default Linux alternative

If you're willing to consider non-windows stuff, any 7.1 sound card that supported in Linux should work with MPD, Ecasound, Alsa, and such. It's pretty finicky to set up, but I'm very pleased with what I ended up with. Digital Crossover/EQ with Open-Source Software: HOWTO | Richard's Stuff

There are many LADSPA plugins available on top of the dozens that come with the install for your filters, eq and time delay.
Old 17th September 2013, 12:44 PM   #12
sraudio is offline sraudio  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The Delta1010LT looks fantastic, but my understanding is that it's XP only. No windows 7 or 8. I can handle 7 no problem, but going all the way back to XP is a pretty big "con" for the Delta1010LT.
I use Delta1010LT for active crossover 4way. I use the vst host aplication(in exsample art console,audiomulch, bidule or other) for all math required. This is very flexible way of doing that. Just signal routing from player to host and later to sound card is not straight forward. But Delta1010LT is good for money but not good enought(at least for me). It has quite high SNR in real life scenario(audible). If performance is an isue than pay more and go out of the PC case with asynchronous usb to i2s and to sabre based dac in example. It's ok to start with this card. As it has control panel which helps with signal routing.Also you can play with soldering and take I2S signal straight from the envy24 chip of this card if it is important for you.
Old 14th October 2013, 02:49 PM   #13
Wungun is offline Wungun  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default 4 way active capable sound card (TA, EQ, XO)

I've used Audiomulch with LSFilter and 2 Xonar soundcards into car to run 3-way active.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...und-cards.html
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...56k-death.html

Here is LSFilter VST...
4-way crossover, delay, level, phase...
All the popular crossovers and a multitude of dB slopes.

Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone...
Old 14th October 2013, 03:04 PM   #14
Wungun is offline Wungun  Canada
diyAudio Member

By the way, I only using one Xonar now...other is for sale if your interested. (Shameless plug!)

Sent from my iPhone...
Old 15th October 2013, 08:49 AM   #15
Eldam is offline Eldam  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraudio View Post
... go out of the PC case with asynchronous usb to i2s and to sabre based dac in example.
Hi SRaudio,

An usb output with asynch IIS can work for xover and DRC ?

Would one multichannel chip like the ESxxxx18 is enough for that or is it possible to go with 3 or 4 IIS/ESxxx23 for 3 or 4 channels xover like the last Hifimediy ?

I don't understand how people feed 3 or 4 amps for multichannel xover with only a stero analog out sound card like the Xona or with only one spidf digital out ...?
Old 20th October 2013, 05:23 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to livingstone Send a message via Skype™ to livingstone
{quote}
Would one multichannel chip like the ESxxxx18 is enough for that or is it possible to go with 3 or 4 IIS/ESxxx23 for 3 or 4 channels xover like the last Hifimediy ?
{quote}
I guess the both mentioned options are possoible.
Old 20th October 2013, 08:26 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

My 4 channels setup :

RME HDSP 9632 (the PCI version can be found for 100-200$ second hand)
Pro gear which offers rock stable drivers, ultra low latency and a 8ch ADAT output.
RME: Hammerfall DSP 9632

RME ADAT out -> Dantimax Optorec (a kit converting ADAT to I2S)
OptoRec/Gen

Buffalo III DAC (8 channels DAC, sym outputs)
The Buffalo III Digital-to-Analog Converter

For the software part I use Rephase to create my impulses (rePhase, a loudspeaker phase linearization, EQ and FIR filtering tool) and the RME mixer combined with Reaper to apply them (REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits).

Thanks to the rewire function implemented natively into the RME's DSP I don't need to use an other program to redirect my audio flux.
Old 21st October 2013, 12:51 AM   #18
Eldam is offline Eldam  France
diyAudio Member

Thanks for this new bridge , That's what I need : simple and no loss with the good DAC Sabre.
Old 27th November 2013, 02:26 PM   #19
DorinD is offline DorinD  Romania
diyAudio Member

Maybe someone would be interested, I'm starting to put together 8x8 out of a computer using USBStreamer (simple or boxed from MiniDSP) as an 8x8 ADAT interface (enabled in the last firmware) and an 24-bit ADAT AD/DA convertor that I've just got it from eBay.
I will keep you informed how's going, I'm hoping to use JRiver and an VST add-in like LSFilter or CrossOver (from RS-Met).
Old 27th November 2013, 02:33 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Yeah that sounds like a nice project! You can take a look at the software solution I linked before, it's the most flexible and powerful solution I was able to find for my own project.

What is the model of your ADAT converter btw?

Hide this!Advertise here!