Video Card for HTPC with MANY INPUT ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI ! :)

I search video card or capture card to replace my home theater amplifer.

i have Blueray DVD player on the PC with good HD 7.1 sound card but

I need component INPUT with sound (for my Wii)
I need component INPUT with SPDIF sound (for telus TV)
+ HDMI INPUT how can decode 5.1 and 7.1 audio

But I don't find card video card or capture card with this and I don't need TV tuner :(

THANKS IN ADVANCE YOU YOUR HELP :)

NicK

I am afraid if you ever find a card you are looking for, it will cost more than your AVR.

You can replace the video switching section of AVR with a standalone HDMI switch, or get a monitor/TV with multiple HDMI inputs.

AVR is a flexible switch of various inputs, HTPC is best at sourcing the signal, not switching between various inputs.

Audio vs. HDMI

I only need to replace the home theater amplifier by my htpc but for do this I need to have video input to view my Wii and digital tv on the computer
An audio pwr. amp, regardless of how many discrete channels it has, is still an Audio Amplifier.

Are you talking about replacing your A/V Integrated Amp, OR replacing your A/V Receiver?

You seem to need an HDMI switcher, I'm guessing?

The HDMI (final version undetermined) copy protection code WILL be broken, just like all copy protection schemes before it.

MLStrand56

You can get a cheap HDMI switch from Monoprice, then control it with an IR blaster. On the other hand, I've seen new 5.1 HDMI receivers advertised for under $300. It's traditional to regard receivers as somewhat evil, but they do provide enormous value for money.

You can get a cheap HDMI switch from Monoprice, then control it with an IR blaster.

That sounds good!

On the other hand, I've seen new 5.1 HDMI receivers advertised for under $300. It's traditional to regard receivers as somewhat evil, but they do provide enormous value for money.

Yes, $300 HDMI Receivers Do provide great value.....for people who think that "Home Theater In A Box", is actually what they heard/felt in a Real Theater.

MLStrand56

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.