A sort of jukebox programme

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tag&Rename

I have about 1500 lps and really just want to know the metadata on them.
LP's have No metadata, they're analog. I assume you're talking about the CD versions of LP's. However early CD's of LP's didn't have metadata either.

I use a program called "Tag&Rename" to correct/add metadata to music files. It's able to do a whole album at once. Don't let Tag&Rename access the internet ;);). Use your firewall to Block it.

MLStrand56

I use mp3Tag, but otherwise I'm in line with MLStrand56.
A personal quirk, but I've always liked to be in command of my computer. Most problems I encounter are automatic and/or background goings on.
With the mp3Tag software, the artist name only needs to be typed once for all the albums/tracks. Album name once for each album.
If the artist/album/title is part of the filename, mp3Tag will allow you to convert that info to tags. And vice versa.
I'm not very familiar with it, but I think there is ID data for CD tracks, and software that will search the web for auto-download of metadata. I don't use J River so don't know if it has that capability or if you need a separate program.

Re: mp3Tag

I use mp3Tag, but otherwise I'm in line with MLStrand56.
I have & have used mp3Tag. It's Good. Tag&Rename is Good. It's easy to add/correct MetaData with either program.

I prefer to do it manually, while the original poster wants it done "automatically". I've had Very Bad results letting any program find/update metadata. I've even had entire CD's with the same digital signature, as a completely different CD. What a nightmare correcting that Automatically Generated Problem.

A few key stroke in Tag&Rename OR mp3Tag & ALL the metadata for a single album is corrected.

MLStrand56

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.