Audigy 2ZS VS Digidesign Digi 001 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st December 2012, 06:40 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to SprockeT1597
Default Audigy 2ZS VS Digidesign Digi 001

So I have been using the Audigy with KX drivers running as an active 3way crossover. When I say have been using, I got it set up the day before flying out to work.

So Ive been going through a few forums. The new plan was to run foobar (and upconvert if need be) at 24/96 to Console or Reaper, have some vst plugins then spit it out to the Audigy at 96. Which I have read can pass 96 through, but the onboard DSP uses 48.

Now Ive just won a Digi 001 off ebay. Thought it would be an improvement over the Audigy. Have just been looking it up, and it appears to only support sample rates of 44.1 or 48.

Considering I dont have any music that is 96, just all CDs, what would be better upsampling to 96 through the Audigy, or upsampling to 48 through the digi001 (or 44.1 through the digi?)
Old 13th December 2012, 08:50 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to SprockeT1597
well looks like 96 is just straight through on 2 channels. so couldnt get it to work the way I wanted.

Have just got the Digi installed, and couldnt get asio from foobar into console. (maybe it only supports one app at a time) So I looped the optical out on the audigy to the optical in on the digi.

Im wondering if this is bad at all? Havnt actually listened to it yet, as I havnt got the cables etc I need. but I am seeing activity in console.

Hide this!Advertise here!