Windows 8, installing no signature driver solution e.g. EDEL USB Driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,
i had updae my System from Win7/64 to Win8/64 and my EDEL USB Driver not work anymore becuase Win8 came up with no signature message.

It would be possible to allow installation of no signauter drivers by doing following steps :

1. Windows Key + R
2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
3. Click the "OK" button
4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
8. Click "Restart" button
9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
11. Once the system starts, install the drivers as you would on Windows 7

I will share this information, may be it helps someone out.

Regards
Marcus

Last edited:
I ran into a problem installing the advanced drivers for Turtle Beach Micro II USB soundcard on Win8, however it was not the unsigned driver issue. Win8 did install the basic driver for this USB soundcard from Windows Update, however to get the control panel features & Optical DD out, the driver has to be downloaded from the TB site and installed. The available driver works for Windows 7, however installing under Windows 8 DOES NOT. The installer goes through the first bit of installing, but the second part of the install does not see the USB soundcard as being attached and fails. After contacting TB support, there is no indication of when a driver will be available for Windows 8.
Just a heads-up for those of you thinking of installing Windows 8. Many of the soundcard drivers are still "driver only", and do not give the additional control panel features as yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.