Wireless! Laptop to DAC...how?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have a Zyxel device that did just this, it is a wi-fi soundcard. Digital or analog outputs.
Alas, the driver resamples everything to 48Khz.

Also have a couple of devices that transmit digital audio via infrared. I don't think they are sold in the US.

Using EAC havn't had any problems with tagging (unlike Windows media player, but that is another nightmare). I have a basic AMD E-450 based PC with a 1.5TB disk that is used exclusively as a Squeezebox server, and when all copied, should be using approx 0.75TB of disc space. I also have a 1.5TB NAS drive for Backup. Why WAV, no real reason, its what I started out doing my CD's in, so decieded to stick with the format.

Another way is with a Kleer USB transmitter (made only by Arcam as far as I am aware) and any Kleer receiving device. The latter include various headphones and the Arcam rDACkw.

The data is transmitted losslessly at 44.1ks/s 16-bits (i.e. CD quality).

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.