Slightly odd problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So here's the issue. I'm currently using a pc-based 5.1 Logitech speaker setup with my TV, Xbox and media pc. The TV only has stereo rca outputsand a single 3.5mm input for the pc. The 5.1 speakers have 3 3.5mm plugs. My main issue is that I can't figure out how to get 5.1 sound from all three sources into the Logitechs. So how the heck am I going to be able to get 5.1 sound from all 3 sources?

Sorry if this needs to be in a different forum, but I figured this was the best fitting forum to post this in. Thanks in advance!

You can't. I don't know about the xbox, but the TV only has stereo. You can buy a VIRTUAL stereo-to-5.1 processor which will give you fake surround sound. The PC should have an option (in Control Panel?) to switch the 3 jacks for the motherboard sound (line, head & mic) over to 5.1 out, most modern ones have.

Yeah, that's sorta what I figured. Argh. The way it's setup now, the pc has one cable going to the input for the tv, the xbox sends it's sound over hdmi. Was really hoping someone had a magic answer. Hehe. Ah well, guess it's a good excuse to get a receiver...

Assuming I can convince the gf.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.