Home Brewed - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th March 2012, 03:19 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Home Brewed

Ok this seems like the right place to post so here goes

My existing system:-

Cambridge CD transport with ext Cambridge DAC
TraxData CD transcription unit
NAD cassette
Sony BluRay player
Technics DTS surround amp

Speakers are all built in including the Sub and consist of 8" Subs with 6" mids and 2" tweeters for Back line handled by B&O xovers
Frontline = 6x9 high quality car audio units
Centre front is 2x 4"
Sub (2x FlY 12" driven by modified in car amp to take the single line sub out from the amp
All above are in homebrewed enclosures that are built in
(I live in a 40ft RV )
This lot is fine and very happy witht the set up although no doubt some will question it It all Soounds good in small space and is a good compromise considering that space is limited.

However, I want to use a NetBox as a digital audio server as my mujic collection is so vast that I couldn't store it all on board as physical media

I tried conecting the NB to HiFi but the soundcard built into the NB is nothing but pure robot manure and I not a happy bunny
Not only that but software control is almost non
NetBox is running Win7

Being new to all this computer audio stuff I really dont know the best way to go now.
I do not expect pure HiFi and anyway not only the setup but the space would make that difficult to achieve. But decent quality is a must

The NetBox also serves as my onboard computer as well as being portable when out in car etc so I do not want to change that for something else

So what is the best way of dealing with this sit?

I have other things I want to address as well but one thing at a time eh ;(

Hide this!Advertise here!