M audio audiophile 2496 schematic wanted - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2012, 04:09 PM   #1
jez is offline jez  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default M audio audiophile 2496 schematic wanted

Don't suppose anyone has a schematic or service manual?
Old 24th February 2012, 08:38 AM   #2
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

I would be surprised if there was a service manual for a single-board PC component. What specifically do you need?
Old 24th February 2012, 09:45 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Just a schematic would be great!
Old 24th February 2012, 10:12 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

If you have problems with the analog audio part you should not need a schematic. I tweaked my delta 192 and the analog line schematic was pretty easy to figure out.
Old 24th February 2012, 11:09 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jez View Post
Just a schematic would be great!
It certainly would. But I am afraid sound card schematics are not available on internet. You can ask the manufacturer but I can anticipate their answer, if any at all :-)

rrremus is right, it should not take too much to draw the analog part schematics using multimeter with short-circuit beeper, magnifying glass, and datasheets.
Old 24th February 2012, 11:32 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
It certainly would. But I am afraid sound card schematics are not available on internet. You can ask the manufacturer but I can anticipate their answer, if any at all :-)

rrremus is right, it should not take too much to draw the analog part schematics using multimeter with short-circuit beeper, magnifying glass, and datasheets.
I was hoping to avoid having to do that.... That's why I was asking if anyone had a schematic! Oh well...
Old 24th February 2012, 11:38 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jez View Post
I was hoping to avoid having to do that.... That's why I was asking if anyone had a schematic! Oh well...
How about this - when you do the chore and post the resultant schematics on net, you will be rewarded by the good feeling of having done something very beneficial to the community. Sounds like a good motivation to me
Old 25th February 2012, 09:35 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

IMO there is no need for a "schematic". Most of the sound cards are made from standard cipsets that have datasheets. You can get from there the pinout, connections. In this case is VIA ICE 1712 (Envy24) cip. The different numbers of cips belonging to Envy24 family can be found here.
DAC and ADC cips have also public datasheets.
Analog part is easy to figure out based on the OpAmps pinouts. Power IC's are also classic. PCI bridge is a classic cip also or is integrated in the main audio cip.
Just looking at the board you can figure everything you need:

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by SoNic_real_one; 25th February 2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 25th February 2012, 11:20 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Yep I know all that...was just checking if anyone here already had a schematic from the manufacturer or some such.... I guess it's going to be one of them jobs where you just have to wade in!
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:34 AM   #10
sasha70 is offline sasha70  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Good day, Happy New Year to everyone.
I have drawn a schematic for output stage of Audiophile 2496.

Hope this help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Audiophile 2496 Output.JPG (43.6 KB, 287 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!