M audio audiophile 2496 schematic wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It certainly would. But I am afraid sound card schematics are not available on internet. You can ask the manufacturer but I can anticipate their answer, if any at all :)

rrremus is right, it should not take too much to draw the analog part schematics using multimeter with short-circuit beeper, magnifying glass, and datasheets.

I was hoping to avoid having to do that.... That's why I was asking if anyone had a schematic! Oh well...

IMO there is no need for a "schematic". Most of the sound cards are made from standard cipsets that have datasheets. You can get from there the pinout, connections. In this case is VIA ICE 1712 (Envy24) cip. The different numbers of cips belonging to Envy24 family can be found here.
DAC and ADC cips have also public datasheets.
Analog part is easy to figure out based on the OpAmps pinouts. Power IC's are also classic. PCI bridge is a classic cip also or is integrated in the main audio cip.
Just looking at the board you can figure everything you need:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Good day, Happy New Year to everyone.
I have drawn a schematic for output stage of Audiophile 2496.

Hope this help.
:hohoho:

Attachments

• Audiophile 2496 Output.JPG
    Audiophile 2496 Output.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 742
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.