Rasberry Pi and active crossover revolution

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I've added configurable bitdepth support and HDMI channel mapping into hdmi_play2, it-s here:

https://github.com/antorsae/hdmiplay

Usage:

hdmiplay samplerate bitdepth [mapping]

e.g.

hdmiplay 44100 24 01234567

Mapping parameter is optional, in governs how to map between the 8 incoming channels and 8 hdmi out channels:
0 -> 0
1 -> 1
2 -> 2
3 -> 3
4 -> 4
5 -> 5
6 -> 6
7 -> 7

in my case I am using it in conjunction with Brutefir as a digital XO for the Orion active speakers feeding a 7.1 receiver directly with power amp assign, I had to use mapping: 01324567 to be able to map the "C" channel (the LFE channel is not power-assignable in my receiver).

Code is ugly as hell but I may be useful for someone.

in my case I am using it in conjunction with Brutefir as a digital XO for the Orion active speakers feeding a 7.1 receiver directly with power amp assign, I had to use mapping: 01324567 to be able to map the "C" channel (the LFE channel is not power-assignable in my receiver).

Can you share more details of how you setup [playback mechanism]->BruteFIR->hdmiplay? Did you use JACK, or pipes, etc?

Last edited:
Wanted to add to this thread.
It is now possible to get 8 channels out of a Pi (check here).

I guess you don't need more then 3 channels per speaker, and one or two for subs. Do you think it is possible to use one Pi for two 3 way speakers and a sub ? It would be nice to have the Pi inside the speaker ... however that would make it more difficult to operate the other speaker without lots of wires dangling out.

Matt

Wanted to add to this thread.
It is now possible to get 8 channels out of a Pi (check here).

I guess you don't need more then 3 channels per speaker, and one or two for subs. Do you think it is possible to use one Pi for two 3 way speakers and a sub ? It would be nice to have the Pi inside the speaker ... however that would make it more difficult to operate the other speaker without lots of wires dangling out.

Matt

Thanks for posting about the new 8-channel project from Flatmax. I have the Pi HAT and it's not bad. Had some setup and config issues that require re-running some setup code after each reboot (or so it seems).

I would be interested to see the noise and THD performance of the 8-channel version...

If you use IIR filters you can process 8 channels on the Pi, although I am not sure if this would work at 192kHz. There many LADSPA IIR filter offerings, including my own (see my sig line below). Ecasound would work well because input and outputs would run at the same sample rate, and this would remain the same.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.