Audiolense or Acourate?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone

I'd love to give one of these packages a shot...but has anyone done any comparisons between the two? They are REALLY expensive, so I want to make a choice between the two.

I downloaded the Audiolense demo and its works REALLY well from a usability perspective, I just don't know how the results sound (can't get the 90-sec filter demo with the XO version of the software) on a stand-alone basis or relative to Acourate.

Thanks!!
Jim

Thanks for the offer, Uli! I downloaded the software. Is there a guide out there to follow for a multi-channel setup? I have 3-way active speakers.

The woofers, I'm looking to run from 20hz to 275hz-300hz, the midrange from 275hz-300hz to 1250hz, and the tweeters from at 1250hz to 20khz.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim,

I'm sorry. the simple logsweep recorder does not allow a multi-channel setup. This is of course possible with Acourate itself. You may see the tutorials at the website, too. But now I do not have a real solution for an evaluation of the program in case of a multichannel system as this requires a well-working tool.
How do you run your system right now?

Uli

Since there is a new version of Audiolense and there are several new articles explaining how to use them properly I wonder if there is a chance for an opinion of a user who used both these softwares. What are pros and cons? What are you using now? Any tips for those who want to buy one of them?

CA Academy - Computer Audiophile integrating-subwoofers-with-stereo-mains-using-audiolense-r712/

Audiolense Digital Loudspeaker and Room Correction Software Walkthrough - Page 2 - CA Academy - Computer Audiophile

Advanced Acourate Digital XO Time Alignment Driver Linearization Walkthrough - CA Academy - Computer Audiophile

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.