Audiolense or Acourate? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st December 2011, 04:27 PM   #1
jdubs is offline jdubs  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Audiolense or Acourate?

Hey everyone

I'd love to give one of these packages a shot...but has anyone done any comparisons between the two? They are REALLY expensive, so I want to make a choice between the two.

I downloaded the Audiolense demo and its works REALLY well from a usability perspective, I just don't know how the results sound (can't get the 90-sec filter demo with the XO version of the software) on a stand-alone basis or relative to Acourate.

Thanks!!
Jim
Old 21st December 2011, 06:40 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hello Jim,

you can record a logsweep with the free Acourate logsweep recorder (www.acourate.com/AcourateLSR2Setup.exe) and send me the pulse reponses as well as two wav/flac-tracks e.g. by www.yousendit.com. See (((acourate))) - Room Correction, Speaker Optimization and Sound Improvement for mail adress. I'll prep the tracks with filters and you can listen for the result.

Uli
Old 21st December 2011, 07:09 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the offer, Uli! I downloaded the software. Is there a guide out there to follow for a multi-channel setup? I have 3-way active speakers.

The woofers, I'm looking to run from 20hz to 275hz-300hz, the midrange from 275hz-300hz to 1250hz, and the tweeters from at 1250hz to 20khz.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 21st December 2011, 07:38 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Jim,

I'm sorry. the simple logsweep recorder does not allow a multi-channel setup. This is of course possible with Acourate itself. You may see the tutorials at the website, too. But now I do not have a real solution for an evaluation of the program in case of a multichannel system as this requires a well-working tool.
How do you run your system right now?

Uli
Old 21st December 2011, 08:47 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks Uli. I'm actually using Allocator and was investigating upgrade options.

-Jim

Hide this!Advertise here!