Not open for further replies.
Market access hard drive SATA cable for easy production and reduce costs
Most use a single-core wire, a few are single core copper
As for the single-core silver wire is very rare
And the SATA or USB signal in terms of
Use of multi-core silver wire is the best choice

62c7d4c14cfd9b6897cdc455179040ca_f0a.jpg

High frequency transmission line for use of multi-core silver
So I use the special specifications required by sata down the production of Teflon multi-core silver wire
Each transmitter & receiver lines are isolated independent conductors with aluminum foil

0dee4870052e24bc229e887ce5195c77_95f.jpg

The problem is these SATA cables can not made by machine
It only been made by your own hand

Because the performance of the SATA cable to the sound improvement was significant
Can be said the the SATA cable is the most critical components to PC audio
So even if you must spend a lot of time to make a SATA cable
But you will get amazing rewards:)

I guess maybe the only way this cable may improve sound quality is to shield any noise from the sata cable making its way into the sound card through thin air. I cant try this super cable so i did a control experiment. My music server boots and gets its file from my main computer located 15 meters away. it is conected by ethernet and contains no hard drives or any others for that matter and any sata or ide ports are disabled. I decided to put a hard drive in my music server i ran the sata cable so it was touching the onboard sound card trying to maximise any noise . No diffrence to report so i tried two other sound cards just to be on the safe side one from creatives and another from asus still no change to report. Maybe the OP had a faulty sta cable to begin with..

Regards Ian

This is how I do

97693747489bc631f5c35e9297c92f4c_3b9.jpg

dismantling SATA cable and Keep the SATA connector

e94f301d93c77e580d8ab0dbf015c377_3b9.jpg

Then you just need a little skill and a lot of patience

In fact, this cable has changed all things

3ee5d03d1fbe038df65ac3c8c002b29c_c27.jpg

In this case,
Sata cable provides a higher bandwidth, more dynamic, more clarity and better musical
Before replace this cable,I did not think there is such a big change
It's very hard to belive to me or anyone

6d8a5c4d8040491a33c83bd2ade63f12_9fe.jpg

main computer gets file from external SSD RAID
Only system SLC SSD replace this SATA cable

how do you control the impedance when making by hand? looking at the cable it does not appear to be impedance controlled. it looks like a lot of work, but without machine winding and tensioning for the correct cable lay for characteristic impedance, i feel it will do more harm than good. it also appears as if it would be fairly high in capacitance, the enemy of high speed signalling.

if i have misunderstood and the cable lay is done by machine and only terminated by hand; that would make more sense, but termination also must be exact. i would also be quite interested to test your cable

Last edited:
Never mind impedance matching and control, it is only a high speed digital interface.
What I think happens is that the use of hand made silver cable (which we all know makes the sound brighter) allows the bits representing the high frequency sound to traverse the cable with less problems thus allowing for a much better frequency responce when these high frequecy bits are combined with the low frequecy bits at the dac. it is weel known that while an adequate conductor, copper is a little harsh on the upper frequencies, preffering to transport lower frequecy bits, this is attributed to the duller apearance of copper over silver.

When I post this SATA cable on Taiwan's audio forum a month ago
Every one's reaction as you like
However, there are always someone willing to try new things
After the test every were found
Different kind of SATA cables made considerable change of the sound
So I am very happy to tell you this message
And I am glad mail my sata cable to qusp for test
If qusp would post a test report
At the same time
I will mail my sata cable to Yatin Narsai in South Africa for test
Perhaps after a few days we could see Yatin Narsai's results

I am a senior electrical engineer over 30years
Need no handicraft to make living
Do these things mainly because of hobby

qusp,
please send your address to
ppastudio@yahoo.com.tw
I will mail you my sata cable asap
Thanks!

So as a senior engineer with 30 years experience you will have some plots of the wave forms with different cables and possibly eye diagrams to show what is happening to the digital signal. As you are aware digital signal transmission and transmission line theory have been around for quite a while (Heaviside), and in the case of SATA data transmission if there is the sound difference you claim then we need to know what is causing it and that requires examination of the digital signal, which can only be done by looking at the transmitted waveforms.
Now if I seem cynical its because I am, there are lots of magical claims (myths) filtering into the digital world regarding digital in relationship to audio, and I am sorry but from my own experience with digital I know you have to look at the signal transmission and the waveform shapes to determine what is happening and from these results determine what is going on.

I am a senior electrical engineer over 30years

Than you can tell us how it works. Normal SATA dosnt loose bits or give errors (or your Word documents would get corrupted) and the SATA timing has nothing to do with the final audio (the DAC does that). The only possible explanation ( and I dont buy it ) is noise pickup, and an easy test to prove that is to compare two normal SATA cables, one a lot longer than the other.

This is more audiophool hogwash. ( I particularly enjoyed the post that silver SATA wire makes your audio brighter !! )

As I am a senior electrical engineer
Need no handicraft to make living
But I make living from R & D
So all of the electrical test data are a commercial range

I am happy to share my experience of audio equipment
But this does not include my skills to make a living

May be we could wait qusp tell us What happen to the sound
after he replace my sata cable to his PC music system

Because the performance of the SATA cable to the sound improvement was significant
Can be said the the SATA cable is the most critical components to PC audio
So even if you must spend a lot of time to make a SATA cable
But you will get amazing rewards:)

Server to Computer digital SATA transmission that gets "coloration".... interesting at least. Have you noticed any change when looking at pictures from the hard drive, like more detailed definition or maybe some reddish or blueish distortion? In theory, because of the silver wires, they sould appear brighter at least.
Maybe, even video files acquire better resolution, like an SD movie apearing as to be an HD film...

I would like to try this at work, to see if my Word files get any improvement ('cause writing documents is not my best), maybe on-the-fly grammar correction.... who knows?

BTW, good choice with those Noctua fans, pretty silent fans (I got them) that really improve enviroment signal/noise ratio of your system...

Best regards

Sata cables are regular discussion topic on audiophile forums

sata cables sound quality - Google Search

Just as identical files at different hard-drive locations, wav and identical wav decoded from flac (stored on the drive first or decoded to ram first), and many other issues. Because "everything matters". But what you will almost never find are reports about simple yet credible ABX tests to support the claims.

Its digital, its digital signal transmission, storage, etc, there is no magic about it, its good engineering and physics, and when it comes to digital signals etc you cannot apply the same sort of psuedo mystical factors to it. What you dont find is hard empirical data, eye diagrams and a reasonable explanation of why digital signals related to audio have mystic powers compared to the day to day mundane digital, where these effects are not present and are not discussed! Its not often you see tweeker ideas for say a MRI scan or even controlling the magnetics for a particle accelerator...
Maybe these audio related digital bits dont realise that they are digital (0 or 1) and think they are half analogue/half digital... Of course after all these digital signals have passed through the various buffers from the hard drive to the DAC and thus on the way be re-created any artefacts from downstreem will have been obliterated.........

Status
Not open for further replies.