Hand Made SATA Cable for CAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
sata use independent transmit and receive low level differential signals
Therefore,
High bandwidth, seismic, anti-jamming silver wires reduce the difference between transmit and receive signals
That is why my cable could improve sound quality comprehensive
not just only a "brighter" sound

d8781c7456748eb6f456f81a5cef3a20_37a.jpg

To reduce any affect by fans
I use fansless MB

e6730fab9847648bd1af8c093e2e1c0c_c85.jpg

Northbridge and the CPU heat will be coupled

ed7111a8f17c8f86b2482b7d6f67610b_b31.jpg

Then transferred the heat to a enclosed aluminum chassis with shock control of harmonic
Compared with average PC enviroment
It has greatly improved sound

and good digital transmission will incorporate good error correction.
Imagine losing a "1" in your bank account statement. Generally that is not allowed to happen. £1,000,000 does not magically become £,000,000, nor can it become £11,000,000

The same applies to our audio signals. The red book CD had pretty good error correction designed into the storage system. I believe it was suggested that a properly designed CDP could correct for a hole to be drilled through the disc in the data area, provided it was <3mm diameter. If that is true then that is mighty powerful error correction. I wonder if the DVD standard is as robust as that? Or SD? imagine drilling a 1mm diameter hole through your micro SD card and expect the data to be error corrected !!! Or using your SD card to store your computer operating system. Reading that SD stored data apparently corrupts the SD output and the computer fails to operate.

Last edited:
sata use independent transmit and receive low level differential signals
Therefore,
High bandwidth, seismic, anti-jamming silver wires reduce the difference between transmit and receive signals
not just only a "brighter" sound
Maybe you have heard about MD5 data integrity checksum? If there are differences in the digital transmission between to digital cables, then the checksum of the same file transmitted over two different cables should lead to different MD5 checksums, right?

right?

RIGHT?

Prove us this :cheers:

Maybe these audio related digital bits dont realise that they are digital (0 or 1) and think they are half analogue/half digital...
I have even read that, after all, digital signals are really analog signals with a defined pattern, so IT HAS to be influenced.... :p

well apparently i have a sata cable on the way to me, i received tracking info a couple of hours ago. i guess we'll see, i'm as skeptical as anyone, but i'll give it a fair hearing. at the least youve got to admire the OP's commitment

Last edited:
Yah, well, that's crazy, if you play from RAM the SATA cable plays no role.. All the 0010110 is stored in ram before going to the cpu. Soo just enable RAM playing in your favorite player. Also I see no reason for the data correction not to work at both ends of the cable, otherwise none of your software would work, or would your OS boot. So yes, this is fine blend snake oil..

I like what you did with the motherboard though. I plan the same but with heatpipes.

Last edited:
Ho Ho Ho,
sorry mispelt
No No No

Go on them explain HOW the difference between the transmitted signal and the recieved cable can improve sound, never mind the rest of that statement.
Now if you were suppose to say that well they are LVDS maybe I would listen, but from that statement!!!!!

I have even read that, after all, digital signals are really analog signals with a defined pattern, so IT HAS to be influenced.... :p

Actually that is a rather frequent argument which I am OK with when dealing with SPDIF, digital circuits of the DACs, all the digital circuitry close to the analog stage. The problem is when this argument is risen while discussing how RAM modules affect sound, how SATA communication does so, especially on huge closed-source OSes with tens of running userspace/kernel threads (however painfully streamedlined), i.e. when the DIYers have no reliable way to actually make any meaningful difference.

Phofman, what do you mean, what will I learn, that there is some magic in digital signal transmission, who is going to teach it me the ghosts of Christmas past (Oliver Heaviside), the Ghost of Christmas present (Henry Ott) and the ghost of future Christmases (Howard Johnson)....
Point out some forums then, where I will learn the mystical aspect of digital audio, because digital signal transmission is a big part of my life and I am always interested in it, though I tend to use more mundane tomes for my guidance such a "high speed digital design" or "electromagnetic compatability engineering".
A quick question for you, how can a light switch on almost instantly when electron drift velocity is only approx 84mm an hour

Phofman, what do you mean, what will I learn, that there is some magic in digital signal transmission, who is going to teach it me the ghosts of Christmas past (Oliver Heaviside), the Ghost of Christmas present (Henry Ott) and the ghost of future Christmases (Howard Johnson)....
Point out some forums then, where I will learn the mystical aspect of digital audio, because digital signal transmission is a big part of my life and I am always interested in it, though I tend to use more mundane tomes for my guidance such a "high speed digital design" or "electromagnetic compatability engineering".

Oh, there are many (here, audioasylum, computeraudiophile, many others). You will be either taught successfully, or you will leave voluntarily :)

And if you persist, in the end comes the final argument of ABX tests proving nothing since they require very specific conditions, you will learn about psychology aspects, fatigue of listeners etc. etc. and therefore it makes no sense to even try anyway. But that is just discussing whether someone actually hears what he claims, we have not touched the actual reasons yet :)

What will I be taught, I would presume not a lot by people who design SATA cables by ear. We would use simulation, network analysers, the design would be tested for emmissions (thats EMC) etc etc
Aas the cable does not directly feed the digital data to the DAC then there has to be buffering in between and as pointed out it is probasbly stored in RAM, which on a PC means DDR memory, maybe we should design that interface by ear.......In fact that could be a whole new thread, how to modify a DDR memory interface:)
So ABXing or any other listening test is gonna tell us naff all about the cables unless they are that badly engineered that data cannot get through.
I do learn a lot off this site Phofman, but I dont think this thread is gonna teach me much other than support my view on pseudo science invading digital electronics. :rolleyes:

Well how about the one you tried on Paul Raulerson in C.A. recently ?:D
SandyK

Yes, that one was the reason I used the word "almost". Consequently there were other threads where ABX suggestions ended up with the "It is too complicated to do properly" argument.

And yes, I read your in my view paranoid analysis of our in my opinion fruitful discussion with Paul elsewhere :)

What will I be taught, I would presume not a lot by people who design SATA cables by ear. We would use simulation, network analysers, the design would be tested for emmissions (thats EMC) etc etc

You will be taught that there are phenomenons beyond our current scientific knowledge and that as a scientist you should be open to new facts. You cannot refute such arguments, you can only go away :) Which is IMO the only right thing to do.

We are talking about digital signals and the SATA interface, not particle physics, and probably not on an audio basesd site
One a more personal note to answer your comment, why should I go away, you are not giving me any data, just sprouting the usual arguments to requests for specific data as to why it affect sound...
If you have ever been involved with any electricl product design you will know that you have to take measuements to determine what is going on, and for the SATA interface you would use a network analyser, and scopes, and when laying out a PC motherboard or other equipement that is going to use SATA, you would simulate the design, I have done PC motherboards and after the buffers STAT host controller, RAM etc etc how can listening tell what changes the cable is having, how what are the mechanisms, give me one possible avenue to follow.
As I have said, would these audio sites teach me more than the gentlemen I mentioned in post #31?
I am open to new facts, but dont often see more than anecdotal eveidence in some of the Aduio claims for improvement, especially with digital audio, where so many new myths are being perpetrated, without any scientific facts to back them up other than "I hear a difference" so back it up with facts...And as I have said, in the real world of electronic digital design we dont seem to have these magic phenomena...

Status
Not open for further replies.