Hand Made SATA Cable for CAT - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 11th January 2012, 05:58 PM   #81
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
To be honest i dont know if i should laugh or cry...
You can cry, while sellers laugh.

Old 12th January 2012, 03:12 AM   #82
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
I am waiting.
I just hope I am still alive when the confirmation arrives.
I have other commitments to do before i can test this cable. it has arrived, but i have other testing and commitments to do for the SEN/CEN 9018 group, meaning my main dac is partially disassembled. I have much work in this silly season and am also spending every second day with my mother who has fallen ill with Atypical trigeminal neuralgia. as far as objective testing i can only do checksum as i dont have the rather high grade high cost instrumentation needed to characterise such a cable and i'm pretty sure you'll find subjective testing meaningless. TBH i wasnt aware when i contacted the op about this offer privately that i had any responsibility to anyone else, i was simply curious, but it seems as the only member here that accepted the offer i have been lumped with responsibility i did not ask for and do not have time for right now

Last edited by qusp; 12th January 2012 at 03:14 AM.

Old 12th January 2012, 03:25 AM   #83
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
I was experimenting with silver SATA cables years ago: AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

They seem to bring some improvement, but looking back at it, it's not that significant. I would suggest concentrating on USB cables
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sata.jpg (99.0 KB, 198 views)
Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it. - JC

Old 12th January 2012, 03:46 AM   #84
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppastudio View Post
Most PC Based user in Taiwan play music like your way
Even so,
Replace my sata calbe with O.S. SSD sata cable
my sata calbe will dramatically improve sound quality
This is the consensus of all senior audiophile in Taiwan

I can hardly to explain HOW the difference between the transmitted signal and the recieved cable can improve sound
If you do not have Related knowledge in this area

MD5 data integrity checksum will tell you nothing to the sound
Just like a output waveform fom amplifier
can not tell you why amplifier sound different
Placebo effect. Back in '76 I had an audiophool friend who told me the 4 little wires (<1" long each) from his phono cartridge to the headshell made a difference. He paid $50 for the 4 wires. I told him if I paid $200/foot for wire I'd damn well hear it too. Some of what people see and hear what the EXPECT to see or hear. That's why the ABX tests. That's why some jokes are funny. By your logic my HD video on the hard drive should play back better. What will I see? More contrast? Better color? Make the women better looking?

I HAVE noticed the audio played after viewing video is definitely grittier if played too soon after watching HD video. Just trying to get a jump on April 1.

G

Old 12th January 2012, 09:21 AM   #85
diyAudio Member

ppastudio, please show us a report of a credible ABX test performed by a well-known figure of the community (or somehow else veryfiable). All your posts lead systematically to a sales offer, IMO.

Old 12th January 2012, 10:10 AM   #86
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Why ABX? Wouldn't any controlled DBT prove his point? (Not that I expect anyone pushing silver SATA cables with a sniffy "...hard to explain if you do not have related knowledge" to come up with one, but still...)

Projects like these keep people off the streets and out of trouble and don't actually harm anything, so there's an upside.

Old 12th January 2012, 10:19 AM   #87
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
Why ABX? Wouldn't any controlled DBT prove his point?
What is the difference? Honestly, I do not know and would like to learn :-) Thanks.

Old 12th January 2012, 10:49 AM   #88
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

ABX is just one format of a DBT. It's like calling all tubes "12AX7." I wrote a little article for Linear Audio surveying several other formats (triangle, sorting, paired forced choice...) which might be of interest. I'd also recommend Introduction to Sound Recording especially section 5.10.9.

Old 12th January 2012, 10:56 AM   #89
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
ABX is just one format of a DBT. It's like calling all tubes "12AX7." I wrote a little article for Linear Audio surveying several other formats (triangle, sorting, paired forced choice...) which might be of interest. I'd also recommend Introduction to Sound Recording especially section 5.10.9.
Fantastic, thanks a lot for the link.

Old 12th January 2012, 11:07 AM   #90
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
I have other commitments to do before i can test this cable.
I am not asking you for confirmation of whether or not a bad data cable can corrupt the bits transferred.
I think we all know the answer to that.

I am waiting for confirmation that two good data cables that transfer the bits as accurately as each other can sound different at the analogue level.
I doubt this will ever arrive.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!