Hand Made SATA Cable for CAT - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 15th December 2011, 01:26 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

sata use independent transmit and receive low level differential signals
Therefore,
High bandwidth, seismic, anti-jamming silver wires reduce the difference between transmit and receive signals
That is why my cable could improve sound quality comprehensive
not just only a "brighter" sound

Click the image to open in full size.
To reduce any affect by fans
I use fansless MB

Northbridge and the CPU heat will be coupled

Then transferred the heat to a enclosed aluminum chassis with shock control of harmonic
Compared with average PC enviroment
It has greatly improved sound

Old 15th December 2011, 01:28 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
Just as identical files at different hard-drive locations,
I still have to try to flip a hard-drive and see if I can fix phase related issues with my source...

Old 15th December 2011, 01:30 PM   #23
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

and good digital transmission will incorporate good error correction.
Imagine losing a "1" in your bank account statement. Generally that is not allowed to happen. 1,000,000 does not magically become ,000,000, nor can it become 11,000,000

The same applies to our audio signals. The red book CD had pretty good error correction designed into the storage system. I believe it was suggested that a properly designed CDP could correct for a hole to be drilled through the disc in the data area, provided it was <3mm diameter. If that is true then that is mighty powerful error correction. I wonder if the DVD standard is as robust as that? Or SD? imagine drilling a 1mm diameter hole through your micro SD card and expect the data to be error corrected !!! Or using your SD card to store your computer operating system. Reading that SD stored data apparently corrupts the SD output and the computer fails to operate.

Last edited by AndrewT; 15th December 2011 at 01:32 PM.

Old 15th December 2011, 01:40 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppastudio View Post
sata use independent transmit and receive low level differential signals
Therefore,
High bandwidth, seismic, anti-jamming silver wires reduce the difference between transmit and receive signals
not just only a "brighter" sound
Maybe you have heard about MD5 data integrity checksum? If there are differences in the digital transmission between to digital cables, then the checksum of the same file transmitted over two different cables should lead to different MD5 checksums, right?

right?

RIGHT?

Prove us this

Quote:
Originally Posted by marce View Post
Maybe these audio related digital bits dont realise that they are digital (0 or 1) and think they are half analogue/half digital...
I have even read that, after all, digital signals are really analog signals with a defined pattern, so IT HAS to be influenced....

Old 15th December 2011, 01:41 PM   #25
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

If you just stamp your feet hard enough and keep saying, "I hear what I hear," it becomes real. Ruby slippers help.

Old 15th December 2011, 02:06 PM   #26
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

well apparently i have a sata cable on the way to me, i received tracking info a couple of hours ago. i guess we'll see, i'm as skeptical as anyone, but i'll give it a fair hearing. at the least youve got to admire the OP's commitment

Last edited by qusp; 15th December 2011 at 02:09 PM.

Old 15th December 2011, 02:50 PM   #27
SunRa is offline SunRa  Romania
diyAudio Member

Yah, well, that's crazy, if you play from RAM the SATA cable plays no role.. All the 0010110 is stored in ram before going to the cpu. Soo just enable RAM playing in your favorite player. Also I see no reason for the data correction not to work at both ends of the cable, otherwise none of your software would work, or would your OS boot. So yes, this is fine blend snake oil..

I like what you did with the motherboard though. I plan the same but with heatpipes.

Last edited by SunRa; 15th December 2011 at 02:59 PM.

Old 15th December 2011, 03:28 PM   #28
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marce View Post
there is no magic about it, its good engineering and physics, and when it comes to digital signals etc you cannot apply the same sort of psuedo mystical factors to it.
Just visit numerous forums and you will quickly learn (you will be taught, to be precise) it is not the case.

Old 15th December 2011, 03:33 PM   #29
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Ho Ho Ho,
sorry mispelt
No No No

Go on them explain HOW the difference between the transmitted signal and the recieved cable can improve sound, never mind the rest of that statement.
Now if you were suppose to say that well they are LVDS maybe I would listen, but from that statement!!!!!

Old 15th December 2011, 03:37 PM   #30
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regiregi22 View Post
I have even read that, after all, digital signals are really analog signals with a defined pattern, so IT HAS to be influenced....
Actually that is a rather frequent argument which I am OK with when dealing with SPDIF, digital circuits of the DACs, all the digital circuitry close to the analog stage. The problem is when this argument is risen while discussing how RAM modules affect sound, how SATA communication does so, especially on huge closed-source OSes with tens of running userspace/kernel threads (however painfully streamedlined), i.e. when the DIYers have no reliable way to actually make any meaningful difference.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!