New speakers for klipsch 2.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In case anyone is interested.......

I have Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 sys for my main computers in my bedroom.
It's a few years old and after much use, one of the mid range speakers failed.
So, taking some user's recomendations on Parts Express, I ordered a couple of Tang Band "W3-881J" drivers.

Tang Band W3-881SJ 3" Cast Frame Neodymium Driver 264-812

They are a direct bolt in replacement.

As for the sound......
Keep in mind that the stock mid drivers are fairly good to begin with (for computer speaklers) so, while the difference is not dramatic, they are a definate improvement. The mids are now a bit more pronounced and there seems to be more "tighter" mid bass.
Over all, its a flatter, cleaner response........ The Tang Band balances great with the stock tweeter. :)

The only problem is now, the stock woofer seems even more deficient than before by comparison.

Last edited:
Now that the Tang Bands are broken in, they sound even better with even more mid bass for one thing. The Sub now balances much better when adjusted properly
So, if anyone has a klipsch Pro Media 2.1 sys and a bit of money burning a hole in their pocket, I can say that it is indeed a worth while upgrade.

BTW, some say a Klipsh 2.1 sys is not worth upgrading as it's an inexpensive sys to begin with.
IMO, the fact that it is inexpensive, makes it an ideal candidate to upgrade. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.