Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th February 2012, 01:44 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to ackcheng
I think this platform should be flexible enough to allow 3 ways crossover system.
Old 8th February 2012, 12:51 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackcheng View Post
I think this platform should be flexible enough to allow 3 ways crossover system.
Thank for your inforamtion. I will study the CPU AMD Geode LX more. I am also interested in crossover transporter. There are 4 pair mutil track I2S output for this function. Have you try 3 way crossover ststem on other platform. Is it worth spend so many DAC, AMP to do that?
Old 8th February 2012, 07:20 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by castleeric View Post
Thank for your inforamtion. I will study the CPU AMD Geode LX more. I am also interested in crossover transporter. There are 4 pair mutil track I2S output for this function. Have you try 3 way crossover ststem on other platform. Is it worth spend so many DAC, AMP to do that?
CPU Architecture
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 8th February 2012, 11:15 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Castleeric,

Yes, I am currently using 4 way digital crossover over using Linux and Acourate. It is well worth it. Details of implementation can be found here

The Building of a Pure Digital System
Old 8th February 2012, 03:51 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

ackcheng, Geode LX 800 is a 500 Mhz cpu. Have you any experince of using such cpu with 4 way crossover setup?
Old 8th February 2012, 11:41 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

NO. My current CPU is E7200 the CPU usage for 4 way with 65535 filter taps at 44.1 Hz is around 11%
Old 13th February 2012, 01:13 AM   #37
twlai is offline twlai  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by castleeric View Post
Of course, Thank you for your inputing ideal.

1. AMD Geode LX 800 is real cool CPU 1.8W, It is a good fanless CPU. I am not fimiliar with this CPU. Wolud you share why it be chosen? I survey low power CPU under 7W for fanless and compatible with linux easy. At first, I choose VIA Nano TM ULV 1.2 GHz, then change to Intel E640, This CPU is special casue it connect DDR ram and PCI-E audio IC together directly, independently. Most of CPU route by way of front bus or PCI host to northbridge . The specific shorten routing architecure between ram,cpu and audio IC, May be helpful for cach latency issue. But I have no hard data to proof that now.

2. For broad stage need 12V 5A input that need user bulid their wone regulator. For chip stage power supply, There are more than 10 rails need be regulated on broad and need manage on/off sequence. I use power manage IC qauilfed by intel. there one or two be qualified. ROHM BD9594MW is specific for E6XX + EG20T

3. The power supply of Audio IC and XO was not from broad. need external power supply. Let user can adjust sound by power.
My system now uses a sound card but the clock on it is replaced with the flea (????????: ? Shigaclone ??? Clock ??) + tentlab XO (http://www.tentlabs.com/Components/XO/index.html) combo.
I wish to do the same on your board. Therefore, please allow the user to change the clock easily and use their own clock regulator.
Old 13th February 2012, 05:00 AM   #38
awpagan is offline awpagan  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
This is my plan, a long-term one :-)

1. I would like to get a professionally made miniPCI-PCI adapter (e.g. the one from interfacemasters is supposed to cost about 80USD which would be OK, IF it is true and they can ship for reasonable surcharge) to eliminate the DIY layer of problems.

2. I would stick the miniPCI adapter to a regular PCI-miniPCI adapter and make a regular PCI card play in a regular linux PC with stock PCI/ice1724 drivers. I think in this stage I would resolve the problems with missing supply voltage levels in the miniPCI interface, simplified IRQ lines, etc.

3. When the PCI -> miniPCI -> PCI -> soundcard combination works ok in x86 linux, I would move the miniPCI solution to a router with openwrt and try to cross-compile the required drivers, hopefully only the snd-ice1724 + dependant modules.

4. Only after having success with the previous steps would I think of designing a separate miniPCI Envy24 card. The working professional miniPCI-PCI adapter would help a lot in this step since it could be taken as a functioning reference design.

Lots of work planned for the foreseeable future :-)

No idea yet :-)
I thought the adapters were already available
Amfeltec :: Flexible MiniPCI to PCI Adapter

http://www.interfacemasters.com/pdf/im380.pdf

Last edited by awpagan; 13th February 2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old 14th February 2012, 03:27 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twlai View Post
My system now uses a sound card but the clock on it is replaced with the flea (????????: ? Shigaclone ??? Clock ??) + tentlab XO (http://www.tentlabs.com/Components/XO/index.html) combo.
I wish to do the same on your board. Therefore, please allow the user to change the clock easily and use their own clock regulator.
I reserve two kind XO size. TCXO pine spec is 15.24X7.9 mm, Another OCXO 5 pin spec is 19.05 X 19.05 mm. If you have any other suggestion XO brand, Please let me know. XO power supply is excluded, so have to use their own power regulator.
Old 14th February 2012, 03:41 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phofman View Post
Do you know about the undocumented 176.4kHz->88.2kHz bug in SPDIF output of Envy24HT? I think that is the main reason ESI Juli@ and Infrasonic Quartet use additional Xilinx for clock generation and switch the Envy chip to external clock.
I ask the question to the VIA pepole formally. Their reply is "There is no problem for that". I have not enough information deal with this issue now. I will pass it for now. If you have more detail infromation please let me know. Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!