Wireless Audio - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2011, 08:00 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachjava View Post
Are there any other dev boards with higher sampling rates?
Do not think do. They do have this with optical in/out addition to line in/out.
Old 16th November 2011, 01:18 PM   #12
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
Proud Union Member
diyAudio Member

You would need two systems obviously, but yes the transmitter will accept a line level signal and tge reciever will run on anything between 8-18v dc, so it's an option. Plus, those guys are great.
Old 16th November 2011, 07:52 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to teachjava
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillahimmel View Post
Do not think do. They do have this with optical in/out addition to line in/out.
Wow perfect!
Old 17th November 2011, 11:50 AM   #14
aeiah is offline aeiah  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

i think you're over complicating things by having the left/right independent and having to deal with sync. i think id do it like this, if your field is in wifi range:

stream from house to field using wifi. receiver could be anything that can act like a pc (hacked router, embedded platform, netbook)

if you still want a large separation between speakers, use a short-range wireless solution like off the shelf wireless speakers, bluetooth etc
Old 17th November 2011, 07:06 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeiah View Post
i think you're over complicating things by having the left/right independent and having to deal with sync. i think id do it like this, if your field is in wifi range:

stream from house to field using wifi. receiver could be anything that can act like a pc (hacked router, embedded platform, netbook)

if you still want a large separation between speakers, use a short-range wireless solution like off the shelf wireless speakers, bluetooth etc
The speakers are not allowed to have wires for this discussion. So two different pc's? Can't synch them....
Old 18th November 2011, 04:48 AM   #16
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Can the speakers be linked by a wire? If so, just use a local lossless source. Like a Rockboxed iPod, or Sansa Clip+. Or a portable CD player with optical out. It's not a common feature, but they exist.

If using WiFi, you can probably use VLC to serve a stream, and configure each receiving VLC client to default to that stream.

Or if cost is really no object, build a bandstand and put musicians in there.
Old 20th November 2011, 04:07 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangus View Post
Can the speakers be linked by a wire? If so, just use a local lossless source. Like a Rockboxed iPod, or Sansa Clip+. Or a portable CD player with optical out. It's not a common feature, but they exist.

If using WiFi, you can probably use VLC to serve a stream, and configure each receiving VLC client to default to that stream.

Or if cost is really no object, build a bandstand and put musicians in there.
No wires are possible as the field is 4 acres. I put in the comment about cost because I did not want people say that it would cost too much so and not discussing the solution.

MikeD
Old 20th November 2011, 04:09 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

I want to use wireless hookups and speakers with class d amps running on a 12v battery for family parties and movies in the field via projector...
Old 20th November 2011, 05:06 AM   #19
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

why is this being made difficult? use wifi, personally i would use something like airport express, perhaps with an Apple TV for the video and if you cant use it directly for the audio as well, just use separate base stations, they have USB or toslink/mini analogue combo output.

No need for separate channels, they will both receive the same stereo signal and you just use left or right depending on which side speaker it is. i'm sure there are other similar non-apple solutions if you are not in favor of the 'white goods'. the airplay receivers will work just fine with a windoze pc on 802.11n. you can use an iphone, ipad, or similar netbook as remote, in fact the apple TV has its own remote. if its too far for wifi i dont think it would be that hard to make a headless mac mini or similar run on batteries out in the field and all the same options apply.

Hide this!Advertise here!