convert flac to mp3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
WinLame is drag and drop... drop in a folder full of almost antying (flac, ape, wav) and let her rip. Dbpoweramp or some clever scripting might be better if you want to convert your entire library and get a parallel folder with MP3s all tagged and playlisted with embedded artwork.

If you've got disc images and cue files, Cuetools can verify accuraterip and convert 'em to whatever you want, but I think it's just one cue at a time.

Mp3tag will bulk edit tags on just about anything that can have them (flac, ape, you name it), and there's various ways to change things with wildcards etc., import from a file, etc.

ojosoft converter is a good one

ojosoft flac to MP3 converter is a wonderful sw in setting bit rate, which I use often. You can click 'edit' button to choose bit rates, but you only can set up to the same bits rate as original file. Changing parameters is very important for the effect of audio

MP3FS

Works a treat. You can then just copy files using drag and drop. All transcoding is done on the fly. Your flac files just 'appear' as mp3 files. Mount directory over network, copy mp3s to portable player etc. Only need one reference copy of file rather than waste space with lossy duplicates. Of course, you wouldnt want to be running microsft.

I use a PERL script called flac2mp3. I believe it calls the lame and FLAC programs. It does the conversion and can dump the mp3 output files into a parallel directory structure. When you re-run it on given input and output file trees, it converts only the newly arrived FLAC files. You need to install a Perl interpreter for it to run, but no big deal. You can find the flac2mp3 program via a web search.

MP3FS

Works a treat. You can then just copy files using drag and drop. All transcoding is done on the fly. Your flac files just 'appear' as mp3 files. Mount directory over network, copy mp3s to portable player etc. Only need one reference copy of file rather than waste space with lossy duplicates. Of course, you wouldnt want to be running microsft.

This works really well for me too!

NFS/SMB to all the other computers on the network. Much easier to keep one library tidy and organised.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.