convert flac to mp3 - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st July 2011, 11:02 AM   #21
Gyuri is offline Gyuri  Hungary
diyAudio Member

And what about this:
Convert flac to mp3, flac to wav, ape to mp3, cue to mp3, flac to alac, flac to m4a, flv to mp3 and more.
Old 23rd August 2011, 03:16 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Smile i know a good sw

ojosoft flac to MP3 converter is a wonderful sw in setting bit rate, which I use often. You can click 'edit' button to choose bit rates, but you only can set up to the same bits rate as original file. Changing parameters is very important for the effect of audio.

Convert FLAC to MP3 - FLAC to MP3 Converter Free Download
Old 23rd August 2011, 08:43 AM   #23
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

WinLame is drag and drop... drop in a folder full of almost antying (flac, ape, wav) and let her rip. Dbpoweramp or some clever scripting might be better if you want to convert your entire library and get a parallel folder with MP3s all tagged and playlisted with embedded artwork.

If you've got disc images and cue files, Cuetools can verify accuraterip and convert 'em to whatever you want, but I think it's just one cue at a time.

Mp3tag will bulk edit tags on just about anything that can have them (flac, ape, you name it), and there's various ways to change things with wildcards etc., import from a file, etc.
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:20 AM   #24
erin is offline erin  Australia
diyAudio Member

Another vote for foobar here.... Its free and it plays / converts anything to anything once you have the right plugins....
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:31 PM   #25
kec is offline kec  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin View Post
Another vote for foobar here.... Its free and it plays / converts anything to anything once you have the right plugins....
+1
Old 24th August 2011, 02:46 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Smile ojosoft converter is a good one

ojosoft flac to MP3 converter is a wonderful sw in setting bit rate, which I use often. You can click 'edit' button to choose bit rates, but you only can set up to the same bits rate as original file. Changing parameters is very important for the effect of audio
Old 24th August 2011, 02:53 AM   #27
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I just use my player - JRiver. It invokes LAME or any other MP3 encoder I have. There are free versions of JRiver, it's a great player.
Old 1st September 2011, 09:31 PM   #28
reverse is offline reverse  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

MP3FS

Works a treat. You can then just copy files using drag and drop. All transcoding is done on the fly. Your flac files just 'appear' as mp3 files. Mount directory over network, copy mp3s to portable player etc. Only need one reference copy of file rather than waste space with lossy duplicates. Of course, you wouldnt want to be running microsft.
Old 2nd September 2011, 02:25 AM   #29
BrianL is offline BrianL  United States
diyAudio Member

I use a PERL script called flac2mp3. I believe it calls the lame and FLAC programs. It does the conversion and can dump the mp3 output files into a parallel directory structure. When you re-run it on given input and output file trees, it converts only the newly arrived FLAC files. You need to install a Perl interpreter for it to run, but no big deal. You can find the flac2mp3 program via a web search.
Old 2nd September 2011, 03:27 AM   #30
Frosteh is offline Frosteh  United States
diyAudio Member

I use Adobe Soundbooth. Worth the money, especially if you want to clean up your tracks a bit as well.

Hide this!Advertise here!