Pure Player

npetralias I found the problem it is in the Wasapi (Vista, 7) checkbox.
same location, same songs... With it checked it just tries to buffer all the song, with it unchecked it plays just the one selected song. Did it a few times with and without it checked, did it every time it was checked, with and without reloading the list.

I've been using pureplayer for a quite a while. Firm to say this is my default player. Before this a cd player and foobar2000.

So far this is the best free player that exhibits the true pure music sound.

A tips here...since it's a memory player that bypass normal window mixer try to upgrade your RAM to much bigger value. Previously I had Win XP with some 1 gig or DDR3 and it plays flawlessly but the loading and decoding time is long before it plays. Sometime it hangs but occasionally.

Now I'm migrating to Win 8 with some 8 gig of RAM and the loading time is much more faster like 20 seconds. Specially during decoding cue sheet files.

SQ is awesome. My setups is mainly a diy bookshelf, MyRef, and analog out from a HTPC. I'm not using a DAC and certainly I'm using a 3 meters cheap generic red-white RCA cables. Makes me wonder if I do really need to finish my dual balance DAC project...:confused:

So you say this sounds better than VLC?? (With enhanced playback mode enabled)

I think for digital I havent found anything tha sounds better than WMA and one time I played a 64k WMA stream with VLC and the sound is the closest to analogue I have heard..

Someone with PURE PLAYER play this and let me know what ya think please?

64k WMA: [color=1]http://wms-rly.181.fm/181-awesome80s[/color]

Just re opening this thread...

Did anyone ever play high res files, I've been toying around with some 24/96 and 24/192 files as I recently came across DSD/DXD files but was unable to play the latter in pure player...
There appears to be a plugin to play those files in foobar but I vastly prefer pure players SQ, so far the difference between 24 bit recording taken at 96 khz sample rate vs the same recording at 192 is large enough to make me investigate the even higher sample rates of the newer digital master format DSD/DXD

Have to add that I'm using a non oversampling DAC using a bunch of TDA 1543 converters which at best will do 15.99 bits at playback but the difference at the level of detail captured at the source makes a big difference...

Wish List

Hello npetralias,

I have read all the very positive comments on this thread and was also DL the file from the link You provide.
I inst. the PurePlayer as to per instr. on the web site, in the Win7 x64 - Ultra Lite (2,7 GB on Disc - Full Install + 32 GB RAM OnBoard)
Only the QuadroFX Graphics drivers loaded and Lynx22 Studio card ASIO audio drivers were loaded without any other Win BS loaded at all
- (In MB Bios were disabled: The Audio On Boar Interface, Printing Support, All Ethernet & WiFi Hardware Devices and none drivers installed either)
It is intend to be Only for HTPC Audio Playback from PC,

BUT...
The player starts and I'm able to insert The PCM only Audio files in the Play List window for playback
When I 2x press mouse over eg. the first file to be played back the mouse cursor change to time wait for start playback but after some 3 to 5 min of waiting the player is shut off by the system couse of no response.
All My PC Audio filez are DSD64, DSD128 & PCM 192 KHz -32-bit Floating point (IEEE) RF64 Format (4GB Plus Support)
The smallest file size i have is 5,52 GB in size.

:) Wish List for The Future Possible Upgrade:

1. ASIO 2xx Support - BitPerfect playBack possible?

2. Ability the PurePlayer will be able to PlayBack the PCM AudioFilez over 5GB & 192 KHz -32-bit Floating point (IEEE) RF64 Format (4GB Plus Support)

3. DSD64, DSD128 PlayBack possible ?

4. Inserting Multiple filez in to PlayList possible ?

5. Adding a PAUSE Button possible ?

6. A Thin horizontal RIBBON Track (3mm thick) to show a track progress (Time Lapse) to replace the Current thin 'Black' Separation Line between main playback commands and the Lover set of the Command Options ? (If not interfere with the PB)

For Yours Kind Answer Thank You in Advance,

Andreas G.

Hello,

Pureplayer is a sequential memory player which means that before playback the software is buffering the entire file into RAM. Obviously is this very time consuming in your case (not efficient for big files). Obviously it does not fit your needs (> 5GB audio files). However you can debug by checking the "Show commands" button before "Play" and see the actual command that takes too long. You may load multiple files by using the "Load Dir" and "Load Tree" buttons or by simple "Drag and Drop".

Regards

Hello,

Pureplayer is a sequential memory player which means that before playback the software is buffering the entire file into RAM. Obviously is this very time consuming in your case (not efficient for big files). Obviously it does not fit your needs (> 5GB audio files). However you can debug by checking the "Show commands" button before "Play" and see the actual command that takes too long.

Hello npetralias,

I do check the mem. usage and it is availl. 31.4GB of RAM so at least 5 full live concerts each 5GB+ file can easily fit into RAM, no limits, but when i check the Wasapi & Show command options and repeat the play a singe PCM 5,52 GB File it opens the command window for a half second and closed it immediately, & the pure player auto stops trying to play a file in the next 1-1/2 sec. What would be the cause for this ?

The only audio driver availl. to win7 is ASIO so maybe here is a problem ?

I Try the VLC Player with HiRes. option enabled and it plays the same audio file immediately.

Is there a fix for PurePlayer to use ASIO as well ?

I'd Really like to try PurePlayer and be able to enjoy its sound qualities as the other members reported in this thread.

Thank You for Yours Kind Answer,

Andreas