Pure Player

@npetralias:

What are your suggestions regarding the optimal configuration for your player in a win 7-64 machine? What makes the purest sound, for example: asio or direct sound or wasapi? Soundcard or no soundcard at all? What are your experiences?

Luki

Hello,

The best you can do is to use SSD hard disks for both OS and music, disable Virtual Memory, disable your Soundcard (if using a DAC), set Wasapi to "ON" (i know...sorry...), minimize the running processes-services and make a linear regulated Power Supply for you PC. This last thing may be a bit difficult for a Desktop PC but it is very easy for a netbook (an LM338K is usually enough).

You may also check again Wasapi after changing the sampling rate in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound\Playback device\Properties\Advanced.

Last edited:
No success. Whatever sample rate I choose, no sound. This is kind of frustrating, but on the other hand, the sound without Wasapi is so great, I´m wondering, what unknown bliss is coming if....

Luki

Hi,

Yor DAC arrived and the problem you mention occured.
After installing Teralink drivers everything are just fine.

Teralink 64bit driver, http://hifimediy.com/wp-content/uploads/TeralinkX2Win764Bitdrive.rar
Teralink 32bit driver, http://hifimediy.com/wp-content/uploads/usb3pkg_v0p7p3p2a_20100401.zip

Great DAC, by the way (after a 50 hrs burn in)...actually even better after installing some caps and a linear regulated 5V psu.

ps. A new version is available with minor changes (track name display etc)

http://www.purediy.gr/downloads/pp.html

Last edited:
I use a number of DAC, the Chinese Matrix Cube based on Wolfson chipset, and also lately this cheap DAC based on ES9023 chipset, from HIFImeDIY.com costs me $59(model:UAE+), you should try this DAC it is excellent value for money, sounds very good.

Both these DACs I experienced the same problem. They don't use drivers that comes with the DAC but rather drivers inherent/embedded in Windows 7.

Please try the above drivers for TE7022 chipset (your interface)

Hi,

Yor DAC arrived and the problem you mention occured.
After installing Teralink drivers everything are just fine.

First of all: Thank you very much for your work! Everytime I hear my music, I enjoy your fabalous player - unfortunately still without wasapi. I deinstalled both the windows and the HA2 drivers, that came with the device, deleted the folder with the "old" pureplayer, pasted the "new" pureplayer and installed the teralink drivers. I tried probably every possible combin ation of samplerates and so on, but I still can get no sound through pureplayer in wasapi-mode and my usb/spdif device. If I use soundcard as standard-device or foobar as a player, no problem.

Luki from Bochum

Success, but -

For several reasons I considered to install win 8pro (64bit). OK, last weekend I did it. For the first time I was able to transport the soundfiles via pureplayer and the HA2-USB/SPDIF converter (with the teralink drivers) in wasapi-mode to my DAC and amplifier. Wow! But - now there is a crackle to hear, some kind of distortion or overmodulation. What the hell can this be?

Last edited:
Hi,

How are you? My friend of mine who happens to be an audiophile himself and a DIY member had introduced me to ur pureplayer software and I would say it is very good that until now I am still using it for my serious listening pleasure....Thank u so much for this.....

Keep up ur good work and contribution in this field.... more power to u and wishing U all the best!!