Pure Player

Hi,

I cannot replicate the problem, it works fine on my 2 computers.
Please make sure that pureplayer is installed as C:\pureplayer\... and test it if possible without your DAC. A new version is coming soon, so it would be nice to fix the problem if we can.

Regards

I will describe what happen when I set the wasapi to ON. You can decide whether it is a bug or I have something wrong.

This is how I connect my laptop's USB ports, 1 USB port to the DAC and the other to CDROM. Windows 7 is able to detect my DAC and CDrom are present, no problem here.

I execute the Pureplayer(PP) User Interface, then I wait for the PP to detect the present of CDROM, I then set the Wasapi option ON and follow by loading the tracks from CDrom, no problem here, I then execute Play button, PP starts processing the 1st track no music emerges and then jumps to the second track and continues to jump to subsequent tracks, all that no music emerges.

If I deselect the Wasapi option, I can play all tracks without any problem.

Possible enhancement to future PP
=====================

Using the above setting, I normally set the Screen Saver(set to Blank) to come ON after 1 min to save on battery consumption. On playing each subsequent track the screen saver cannot take effect. My laptop plays all the tracks without turning off the screen.
You see if I use the Batch file option when I execute the PP, the screen saver comes on after 1 minute.
If you can incorporate the above in your next upgrade to activate screen saver would be nice.

I will describe what happen when I set the wasapi to ON. You can decide whether it is a bug or I have something wrong.

This is how I connect my laptop's USB ports, 1 USB port to the DAC and the other to CDROM. Windows 7 is able to detect my DAC and CDrom are present, no problem here.

I execute the Pureplayer(PP) User Interface, then I wait for the PP to detect the present of CDROM, I then set the Wasapi option ON and follow by loading the tracks from CDrom, no problem here, I then execute Play button, PP starts processing the 1st track no music emerges and then jumps to the second track and continues to jump to subsequent tracks, all that no music emerges.

If I deselect the Wasapi option, I can play all tracks without any problem.

Possible enhancement to future PP
=====================

Using the above setting, I normally set the Screen Saver(set to Blank) to come ON after 1 min to save on battery consumption. On playing each subsequent track the screen saver cannot take effect. My laptop plays all the tracks without turning off the screen.
You see if I use the Batch file option when I execute the PP, the screen saver comes on after 1 minute.
If you can incorporate the above in your next upgrade to activate screen saver would be nice.

This happens on Windows 7 or 8?

Last edited:
Hello,

I use Pureplayer for MP3 and sometimes FLAC files and are very happy with it so far. But as most of my music-files are in AAC-format I wanted to ask if it is possible to add support for AAC-format (.m4a) in pureplayer?

New version available with AAC support and some fixes.
PurePlayer 2.7.5 download page:

http://www.purediy.gr/downloads/pp.html

I tried Pureplayer last night on headphones, definitely sounds different than Foobar and it does not take long to notice it. I always used Fidelizer, but with only 2GB RAm it's going to be tricky to switch the virtual memory off.
Can't judge yet, but I liked what I heard, yes. :cheers:
I can't wait to test it on my main system.

Thank you so much!

Yesterday for the first time I had a really long session with Pure Player. I have to say: Congratulations! For me, it´s really the purest sound of all. It seems, that it plays just the naked content of the file. There is nothing more to hear. I´m very astonished of this, as I would not believe it until I heard it. I have one wish for chrismas: shuffle-play (and musepack support:".mpc").

Best wishes

Luki

Yesterday for the first time I had a really long session with Pure Player. I have to say: Congratulations! For me, it´s really the purest sound of all. It seems, that it plays just the naked content of the file. There is nothing more to hear. I´m very astonished of this, as I would not believe it until I heard it. I have one wish for chrismas: shuffle-play (and musepack support:".mpc").

Best wishes

Luki

Thank you very much! I will try to include these features ASAP.