Pure Player

Hi!
Actually pureplayer first rips the CD tracks to wav (not flac) and then loads the wav file to memory. The reason is that the ripping software used (freaccmd) is more accurate (less read errors) than a simple read Windows command and quite fast too.

After I executed the line command, I saw a new file flac.* displayed as one of the task manager processes. Hence I assumed the a flac file was created.

I have to wait for about 10-15 secs before the track starts to play. I am using a netbook. How can I improve the the CDrom read time?

Will you be enhancing on the current version of the software?

Thanks for your time.

Flacplay.exe is the playback process and it is used also for wav's :)

The only thing you can do is to press the "Preprocess" button.
That button rips the whole CD first, then loads the tracks and starts the playback.
So in this case you will have to wait just one time for 1-2 minutes.

Unfortunately, i don't have the time (or funds for hiring a developer) in order to enhance the software anymore, but i can give the source code to anyone interested.

Last edited:
Flacplay.exe is the playback process and it is used also for wav's :)

The only thing you can do is to press the "Preprocess" button.
That button rips the whole CD first, then loads the tracks and starts the playback.
So in this case you will have to wait just one time for 1-2 minutes.

Unfortunately, i don't have the time (or funds for hiring a developer) in order to enhance the software anymore, but i can give the source code to anyone interested.
Hello,

Could you please give me the source code of pure player?
thanks

bauhaus

Hi,

at first let me thank you for all your effort that leaded to that excellent piece of software. It's hard to find a player that produces a better quality.

It would be a shame if it got lost now!

Do you mind it giving open source on sourceforge.net e.g.? I'm not much into Windows multimedia programming, but I'm shure that there will be some people who could take care of the code.

Best regards

Flo

Hi,

at first let me thank you for all your effort that leaded to that excellent piece of software. It's hard to find a player that produces a better quality.

It would be a shame if it got lost now!

Do you mind it giving open source on sourceforge.net e.g.? I'm not much into Windows multimedia programming, but I'm shure that there will be some people who could take care of the code.

Best regards

Flo

Of course i don't mind.
This is an open source project and the source code is available to anyone interested.
Below is a download link for all.
Please feel free to upload it to sourcefourge.

download: http://www.purediy.gr/downloads/pureplayer_code.rar

Last edited:
Been using PurePlayer version 2.7.1 for quite a while now and it has a brighter sound than windows media player. I started listening to various tracks from classic to punk and compared as i went. As time as gone on i use pure player for all my music from the pc. It could be down to personal preferance, but the player does sound much clearer throughout the range, every instrument is brighter and more like its in the room with you.

Playing through windows 7 into a LM4780 chipamp from audiosector and output through a pair of 1989 JVC 8ohm 3 way speakers.

Been using PurePlayer version 2.7.1 for quite a while now and it has a brighter sound than windows media player. I started listening to various tracks from classic to punk and compared as i went. As time as gone on i use pure player for all my music from the pc. It could be down to personal preferance, but the player does sound much clearer throughout the range, every instrument is brighter and more like its in the room with you.

Playing through windows 7 into a LM4780 chipamp from audiosector and output through a pair of 1989 JVC 8ohm 3 way speakers.

Hi,

This observation is the reason of making pureplayer.
It does sound more natural and clear.
No effects, no processing, just simple and efficient code.

Thanks

Hi,

This observation is the reason of making pureplayer.
It does sound more natural and clear.
No effects, no processing, just simple and efficient code.

Thanks

Hi Npetralias,

No intention to upgrade the software, on my laptop sometimes it does not work, it loads the track and then moves to the next track without playing any music. I have to log off the software and open it again then it works. I use it in conjunction with Fidelizer.
I use it all the time better than Jriver.
Thanks.

Hi,

This could happen for several reasons:

- Cannot find the executable paths (c:\pureplayer\...)
- Cannot find the sound device (or looses it for a second)
- You are checking by accident Wasapi when using Windows XP
- ACPI issues (standby etc)

Maybe you can spot something and let me know.

Npetralias,

I have been using the Pureplayer over the last 12 mths on a regular basis. I normally play my CDs through the CDrom via the Pureplayer in 2 ways:

1. Play a whole CD via a batch file, no problem here as long as my DAC is connected
and the CDrom player is attached.
2. Play each track via the Pureplayer user interface, I could not play any track if I set the Wasabi option ON. It kept skipping track. This problem has been reported I cannot find a fix. Is there a fix for this bug?

I played the same track through 2 identical laptops one running Windows 7 and the other Windows 8(it is reported Windows 8 sounds better) I found the sound quality of the 2 laptops to be fairly similar. Which OS do you prefer to run the Pureplayer and why?

You mention it is better to use 8G memory and above to run the Pureplayer, if I use 4 G then I should turn the virtual memory off, Can you elaborate ie. how to set it up?

Thanks for your time.

Hello,

Wasapi works only for Windows7 and afterwards.

Help me to focus on the problem.
1) What is the installation path of pureplayer?
2) Can you play other files (flac, mp3) using wasapi?
3) Can you play the whole CD using wasapi from the interface?
4) Can you play CD tracks from the interface without wasapi?
5) Do you have the latest version (2.7.1)?
6) Is this problem experienced also with the onboard soundcard?

Please note that you must check Wasapi before hitting "Play".
The memory requirements are just a worst case estimation, actually your free RAM needs to be at least as much as the wav file (800MB for a whole CD) so that you can disable Virtual Memory and get better results.

Regards

Hello,

Wasapi works only for Windows7 and afterwards.

Help me to focus on the problem.
1) What is the installation path of pureplayer?
I execute the Pureplayer in the same folder as all the Pureplayer files.

2) Can you play other files (flac, mp3) using wasapi?
mp3 works haven tested flac. Wav works very well as I said I play mainly wav files directly from CD located in the CDrom.

3) Can you play the whole CD using wasapi from the interface?
No. When I placed the Wasapi option on it starts to play a track and no sund emarges and then skip to the next and continues to skip tracks, no sound emerges.

4) Can you play CD tracks from the interface without wasapi?
Yes all the tracks in correct sequent, if repeat is switched on, it has no problem repeating tracks.

5) Do you have the latest version (2.7.1)?
Yes , the Pureplayer app. file has 399kB just to double check with you.

6) Is this problem experienced also with the onboard soundcard?
I did not test this, the problem I experienced is when the sound emerges from the USB port which is connect to a DAC.

Please note that you must check Wasapi before hitting "Play". Yes i did that, I will confirm this again.
The memory requirements are just a worst case estimation, actually your free RAM needs to be at least as much as the wav file (800MB for a whole CD) so that you can disable Virtual Memory and get better results.

Regards