Pure Player

PurePlayer and StealthAudio

I can't say I have "tested" them, but I have been listening to both PurePlayer and StealthAudio for a while (SAP for about a year and PP for the last 6 months). Soundwise, They both sound great, but I don't really hear a difference between the two - which I expected to the be the case. I'm not a programmer, so I can't speak to the underlying processes, but as I understand they both perform the same function of loading the file into memory before playing. I haven't been able to get the WASAPI output working in PurePlayer, but even so I hear little difference in the sound. I think the real difference comes down to GUI or no GUI. I go back and forth depending on my mood. I like the fact that with SAP you browse for the file in Explorer and right click and play. But I also like PurePlayer's GUI. My only complaint on PurePlayer (aside from WASAPI not working) is that I have my computer set to turn off the display after a minute, but everytime PurePlayer goes to the next song, the display turns back on.

I think the authors of both programs deserve a big thank you for developing very nice players that sound great and putting them out for public use.

I can't say I have "tested" them, but I have been listening to both PurePlayer and StealthAudio for a while (SAP for about a year and PP for the last 6 months). Soundwise, They both sound great, but I don't really hear a difference between the two - which I expected to the be the case. I'm not a programmer, so I can't speak to the underlying processes, but as I understand they both perform the same function of loading the file into memory before playing. I haven't been able to get the WASAPI output working in PurePlayer, but even so I hear little difference in the sound. I think the real difference comes down to GUI or no GUI. I go back and forth depending on my mood. I like the fact that with SAP you browse for the file in Explorer and right click and play. But I also like PurePlayer's GUI. My only complaint on PurePlayer (aside from WASAPI not working) is that I have my computer set to turn off the display after a minute, but everytime PurePlayer goes to the next song, the display turns back on.

I think the authors of both programs deserve a big thank you for developing very nice players that sound great and putting them out for public use.

You can use PurePlayer without a Gui, check the "readme" file. Thanks.

Thanks for your message! I now use SAP player and very much with it is happy. To a regret I can't use PurePlayer (at me only ASIO), but very much I hope that in the new version of this player there will be such possibility.
:)

Great little app, Thank you very much!

I've tried a lot of audio apps including

Pureplayer - Awesome sound
Foobar2000 - works generally well
Stealthaudioplayer - Great sound but I do have random problems playing certain files
Billy 1.04k - I enjoy the simplicity of it

These are my 4 favorite,

Thanks again

Hi npetraliasi,

It looks like this thread does not receive that many response from users of this piece of software. I found it to be great and I am still using it conjunction with fidelize 2.1. This combo sounds very good when I run these s/w under window home premium.

I normally play my music tracks from my CDs operating directly from my CDrom and I run it using line command. What I found it that Pure player converts each music track into Flac file first and then executes the flac file. My query why you choose to convert it into flac file instead of just loading the wave file into main memory and run it from there. Will you be supporting it in future? Any further upgrades in future?

A response is welcomed.

Hi npetraliasi,

It looks like this thread does not receive that many response from users of this piece of software. I found it to be great and I am still using it conjunction with fidelize 2.1. This combo sounds very good when I run these s/w under window home premium.

I normally play my music tracks from my CDs operating directly from my CDrom and I run it using line command. What I found it that Pure player converts each music track into Flac file first and then executes the flac file. My query why you choose to convert it into flac file instead of just loading the wave file into main memory and run it from there. Will you be supporting it in future? Any further upgrades in future?

A response is welcomed.

Hi!
Actually pureplayer first rips the CD tracks to wav (not flac) and then loads the wav file to memory. The reason is that the ripping software used (freaccmd) is more accurate (less read errors) than a simple read Windows command and quite fast too.