Pure Player - Page 40 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th February 2013, 07:37 PM   #391
Floric is offline Floric  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttan98 View Post
No music output, when I set the Wasapi ON. This is how I do it, drag an mp3 file to the PP user interface, set Wasapi to On, decode to wav file then play wav file--->NO music. When I set Wasapi OFF, I get music.

What is happening?
Sorry if you already wrote it and I did not notice: Do you get output when you play those files with another player that uses wasapi?
Old 16th February 2013, 08:35 PM   #392
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floric View Post
Sorry if you already wrote it and I did not notice: Do you get output when you play those files with another player that uses wasapi?
No problem, I was able to play music with J Rivers set to Wasapi or Wasapi event. Please note that I am not person who is experiencing this problem. I suspect PP may set buffer size too small or large when Wasapi is turned ON. Also note that my system latency is very low when playing music, less than 500mS most of the time.
Old 21st February 2013, 08:04 AM   #393
lolo is offline lolo  France
diyAudio Member

further testings, I like the player more than Foobar. Better reverberation retrieval, and less center projection, the latter being very noticable, I can play much louder without strain. Well done again!
Old 21st February 2013, 08:18 AM   #394
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo View Post
further testings, I like the player more than Foobar. Better reverberation retrieval, and less center projection, the latter being very noticable, I can play much louder without strain. Well done again!
Pureplayer is superior to Foobar which I stopped using sometimes ago.
Old 21st February 2013, 03:49 PM   #395
diyAudio Member

this is the best player i used so far , when they add windows file association to wav/mp3/cda it will be just perfect
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:12 AM   #396
diyAudio Member

npetralias,

Are still looking into solving the problem I mentioned earlier, or you still cannot duplicate it? If so then you do not intend to fix right, pity it is a very good piece of software and it is FREE.
Old 25th February 2013, 07:40 AM   #397
diyAudio Member

Quote:
npetralias,

Are still looking into solving the problem I mentioned earlier, or you still cannot duplicate it? If so then you do not intend to fix right, pity it is a very good piece of software and it is FREE.
Hi,

I am trying to find a computer to replicate the problem but until now everyone works OK... I will keep trying...
Old 25th February 2013, 08:03 AM   #398
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by npetralias View Post
Hi,

I am trying to find a computer to replicate the problem but until now everyone works OK... I will keep trying...
Thanks for your response and trying to find a solution, I am NOT asking for more features just fix this inconvenience.
Old 25th February 2013, 08:37 AM   #399
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks for your response and trying to find a solution, I am NOT asking for more features just fix this inconvenience.
Which DAC do you have?
Old 25th February 2013, 09:10 PM   #400
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by npetralias View Post
Which DAC do you have?
I use a number of DAC, the Chinese Matrix Cube based on Wolfson chipset, and also lately this cheap DAC based on ES9023 chipset, from HIFImeDIY.com costs me $59(model:UAE+), you should try this DAC it is excellent value for money, sounds very good.

Both these DACs I experienced the same problem. They don't use drivers that comes with the DAC but rather drivers inherent/embedded in Windows 7.

Hide this!Advertise here!