Pure Player - Page 35 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2013, 06:47 PM   #341
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Germany
Hello,

I use Pureplayer for MP3 and sometimes FLAC files and are very happy with it so far. But as most of my music-files are in AAC-format I wanted to ask if it is possible to add support for AAC-format (.m4a) in pureplayer?
__________________
Greets
Sven
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 12:47 AM   #342
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
Quote:
Originally Posted by npetralias View Post
Hi,

I cannot replicate the problem, it works fine on my 2 computers.
Please make sure that pureplayer is installed as C:\pureplayer\... and test it if possible without your DAC. A new version is coming soon, so it would be nice to fix the problem if we can.

Regards
I will describe what happen when I set the wasapi to ON. You can decide whether it is a bug or I have something wrong.

This is how I connect my laptop's USB ports, 1 USB port to the DAC and the other to CDROM. Windows 7 is able to detect my DAC and CDrom are present, no problem here.

I execute the Pureplayer(PP) User Interface, then I wait for the PP to detect the present of CDROM, I then set the Wasapi option ON and follow by loading the tracks from CDrom, no problem here, I then execute Play button, PP starts processing the 1st track no music emerges and then jumps to the second track and continues to jump to subsequent tracks, all that no music emerges.

If I deselect the Wasapi option, I can play all tracks without any problem.

Possible enhancement to future PP
=====================

Using the above setting, I normally set the Screen Saver(set to Blank) to come ON after 1 min to save on battery consumption. On playing each subsequent track the screen saver cannot take effect. My laptop plays all the tracks without turning off the screen.
You see if I use the Batch file option when I execute the PP, the screen saver comes on after 1 minute.
If you can incorporate the above in your next upgrade to activate screen saver would be nice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 01:37 AM   #343
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
Npetralis,

Don't worry about the screen saver enh. I have fixed the problem.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 08:53 AM   #344
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttan98 View Post
I will describe what happen when I set the wasapi to ON. You can decide whether it is a bug or I have something wrong.

This is how I connect my laptop's USB ports, 1 USB port to the DAC and the other to CDROM. Windows 7 is able to detect my DAC and CDrom are present, no problem here.

I execute the Pureplayer(PP) User Interface, then I wait for the PP to detect the present of CDROM, I then set the Wasapi option ON and follow by loading the tracks from CDrom, no problem here, I then execute Play button, PP starts processing the 1st track no music emerges and then jumps to the second track and continues to jump to subsequent tracks, all that no music emerges.

If I deselect the Wasapi option, I can play all tracks without any problem.

Possible enhancement to future PP
=====================

Using the above setting, I normally set the Screen Saver(set to Blank) to come ON after 1 min to save on battery consumption. On playing each subsequent track the screen saver cannot take effect. My laptop plays all the tracks without turning off the screen.
You see if I use the Batch file option when I execute the PP, the screen saver comes on after 1 minute.
If you can incorporate the above in your next upgrade to activate screen saver would be nice.
This happens on Windows 7 or 8?

Last edited by npetralias; 11th February 2013 at 08:56 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 08:55 AM   #345
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bAD kLOPFER View Post
Hello,

I use Pureplayer for MP3 and sometimes FLAC files and are very happy with it so far. But as most of my music-files are in AAC-format I wanted to ask if it is possible to add support for AAC-format (.m4a) in pureplayer?
New version available with AAC support and some fixes.
PurePlayer 2.7.5 download page:

http://www.purediy.gr/downloads/pp.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 09:07 AM   #346
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
Quote:
Originally Posted by npetralias View Post
This happens on Windows 7 or 8?
win 7 home premium
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 09:10 AM   #347
diyAudio Member
 
lduarte1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lisbon
if i make asociation to your player of wav/mp3 files in windows and then click the file itself why doesnt it start to play ?
__________________
Hey ! just because im getting bald doesnt mean i cant like hair metal
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 09:54 AM   #348
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lduarte1973 View Post
if i make asociation to your player of wav/mp3 files in windows and then click the file itself why doesnt it start to play ?
I am sorry, it does not work this way.

Last edited by npetralias; 11th February 2013 at 10:02 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 10:09 AM   #349
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
Quote:
Originally Posted by npetralias View Post
New version available with AAC support and some fixes.
PurePlayer 2.7.5 download page:

http://www.purediy.gr/downloads/pp.html
I tried ver 2.7.5 my problem still prevails.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 10:42 AM   #350
diyAudio Member
 
lduarte1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lisbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by npetralias View Post
I am sorry, it does not work this way.
but that would be a nice feature , is it too difficult to implement ? i have thousands of songs on my pc would make my life and of others easyer
__________________
Hey ! just because im getting bald doesnt mean i cant like hair metal
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pure digital crossover cka3o4nuk Digital Line Level 14 11th September 2010 11:08 PM
Pure CD Player and DVD Transport Mechanism inside - what about this ?? tiefbassuebertr Digital Source 2 23rd February 2010 08:36 PM
Eminence Pure rossco Car Audio 2 28th March 2004 10:40 PM
Pure Delight Alain Dupont Pass Labs 107 8th February 2004 02:48 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2