Pure Player - Page 31 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th October 2011, 09:32 AM   #301
Koenjer is offline Koenjer  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Trojan

Hi guys,

My firewall blocks the download:

Gateway Anti-Virus Alert:
This request is blocked by the SonicWALL Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: Agent.VAQS (Trojan)

Is my firewall a bit to enthousiastic?
Old 28th October 2011, 07:15 PM   #302
diyAudio Member

Anyone tested Pure Player 2.7.1 vs StealthAudioPlayer 0.2.1?
Old 2nd November 2011, 01:17 PM   #303
panord is offline panord  United States
diyAudio Member

Default PurePlayer and StealthAudio

I can't say I have "tested" them, but I have been listening to both PurePlayer and StealthAudio for a while (SAP for about a year and PP for the last 6 months). Soundwise, They both sound great, but I don't really hear a difference between the two - which I expected to the be the case. I'm not a programmer, so I can't speak to the underlying processes, but as I understand they both perform the same function of loading the file into memory before playing. I haven't been able to get the WASAPI output working in PurePlayer, but even so I hear little difference in the sound. I think the real difference comes down to GUI or no GUI. I go back and forth depending on my mood. I like the fact that with SAP you browse for the file in Explorer and right click and play. But I also like PurePlayer's GUI. My only complaint on PurePlayer (aside from WASAPI not working) is that I have my computer set to turn off the display after a minute, but everytime PurePlayer goes to the next song, the display turns back on.

I think the authors of both programs deserve a big thank you for developing very nice players that sound great and putting them out for public use.
Old 2nd November 2011, 01:25 PM   #304
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panord View Post
I can't say I have "tested" them, but I have been listening to both PurePlayer and StealthAudio for a while (SAP for about a year and PP for the last 6 months). Soundwise, They both sound great, but I don't really hear a difference between the two - which I expected to the be the case. I'm not a programmer, so I can't speak to the underlying processes, but as I understand they both perform the same function of loading the file into memory before playing. I haven't been able to get the WASAPI output working in PurePlayer, but even so I hear little difference in the sound. I think the real difference comes down to GUI or no GUI. I go back and forth depending on my mood. I like the fact that with SAP you browse for the file in Explorer and right click and play. But I also like PurePlayer's GUI. My only complaint on PurePlayer (aside from WASAPI not working) is that I have my computer set to turn off the display after a minute, but everytime PurePlayer goes to the next song, the display turns back on.

I think the authors of both programs deserve a big thank you for developing very nice players that sound great and putting them out for public use.
You can use PurePlayer without a Gui, check the "readme" file. Thanks.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:24 AM   #305
panord is offline panord  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks

I must have missed that in the readme.
Old 4th November 2011, 10:08 AM   #306
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panord View Post

Thanks for your message! I now use SAP player and very much with it is happy. To a regret I can't use PurePlayer (at me only ASIO), but very much I hope that in the new version of this player there will be such possibility.
Old 16th November 2011, 07:26 PM   #307
diyAudio Member

I can't get Wasapi to work. It just keeps repeating 'Processing...'
Old 16th December 2011, 10:31 AM   #308
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by npetralias View Post
There is absolutely no DSP or other kind of processing.
Source code is available to anyone interested.
Hello,

Good Player really

Is it possible to you to send me the source code of pure player ?

thanks

Bauhaus
Old 17th December 2011, 08:24 PM   #309
50AE is offline 50AE  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Hi guys, I get the same isue as Wwushuliu. Can't playback, says it's processing. Gives error on cue files.
Old 18th December 2011, 09:18 AM   #310
i2k92 is offline i2k92  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

I'm daydreaming of somebody develops a Pureplayer component for Foobar. Great library & uPNP server of Foobar with great sound of Pureplayer, pure heaven.

Hide this!Advertise here!