Pure Player

There is a basic user interface, try WindowsApplication1.exe :)
Version 1.2 is already up, sounding even better (in my opinion).
You can download it using the initial link (http://pure.truefreehost.com/pureplayer.zip)
Thanks...

It seems to sounds different to (sounds leaner and perceived to be cleaner) the previous version 1.1, I use it with Fidelizer version 1.1, this combo sounds quite good. I am listening right now.

pureplayer v1.1 ---> MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

pureplayer v1.2 ---> MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

fidelizer...........---> http://www.windowsxlive.net/download/fidelizer.zip

Small guide how to use it:

1. Deactivate virtual memory (if possible >3GB ram)
2. Fidelizer ---> audiophile
3. pureplayer needs Netframework 4 ---> Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)
4. pureplayer (when dos window appears wait a few seconds to convert the audio file to wav=unknown file! (cd = rip))

enjoy

Last edited:
I'm by no means seasoned/trained listener, but I'd say PurePlay shows significantly more details and attack, deeper and a bit wider stage.
Tried flac, ape and mp3 with no problems except in one case when player refused to accept all mp3's from one album...when I drop (or try to open) file, nothing happens...I already thought I'll make a joke about PurePlay being really "purist" player because of refusing to play lossy files, but all other mp3's play just fine... :)

Next step: try PurePlay with Fidelizer...

One more time, congratulations, I'd be proud if I were you...

Hi,

The best sound I get so far includes the following:

1. Pure Player Version 1.1
2. Fidelizer Version 1.1
3. Set window 7 to no virtual memory, I use 2 core cpu running at 2.0Ghz
4. I have 2 G of memory no harm of having more memory.
5. Turn off Screen after 2-3 min helps.
6. I use a laptop, run on battery if necessary.
7. Remove all unnecessary background programs.
8. Disable all unnecessary ports e.g. Sound card(I am using ext. DAC), modem, etc

I get very low system latency, below 100ms most of the time averaging around 40-60ms, the cpu utilization is below 4% most of the time.

The sound is very clean and balance. Try it.

Well done Nikos,
It sounds really good - need to do some long term listening.
I'm using Win 7 SP1 & when I changed Foobar from KS output to Wasapi there was a distinct & large improvement in sound (Foobar under XP using KS output has exclusive control over the soundcard i.e no windows mixer, in Win 7 that's not the case)

Does Pure Player use Wasapi drivers? I see that the windows mixer is operational!

Also, are you converting 24bit to 16bit using SOX for playback?

Last edited:
Yes, well done. It certainly sounds very good - and with fidelizer, even better.

Would be nice to be able to play wma files - just because I have a load of them!! and pause & search would be good too. But not too worried about either of them really.

Interestingly, I had been using foobar for quite a while now and was fairly happy with it. I don't do as much headphone listening as I used to, but I always had a little odd noise in the background, which I always put down to dirty ground in the PC. Anyway, its gone tonight using pureplayer/fidelizer. Might just be chance, and would need to check on more occasions, but that would be quite the achievement if it was really gone!!

Fran

Fran

One thing that's also noticeable (with all the top quality players, I think) is the difference in sound between FLAC & WAV. Try it Fran & see if you agree. I use dbpoweramp to convert from FLAC to WAV - it seems to do a nice job.

In the short time I have used it, I haven't noticed any difference with Fidelizer. I use Win 7 SP1 (only on beta release) which is said to be th ebest sounding Win version so far - anybody else using this & tried Fidelizer?

One thing that's also noticeable (with all the top quality players, I think) is the difference in sound between FLAC & WAV. Try it Fran & see if you agree. I use dbpoweramp to convert from FLAC to WAV - it seems to do a nice job.

In the short time I have used it, I haven't noticed any difference with Fidelizer. I use Win 7 SP1 (only on beta release) which is said to be th ebest sounding Win version so far - anybody else using this & tried Fidelizer?

see post 52, I prefer Fedelizer version 1.1 to version 1.4.
You mean Wav sounds better than Flac in most cases?

Nikos,

I like your Pure Player version 1.1 and even J. Keny praises it. I hope you don't mind if you can accept my constructive criticisms,

Pure Player as it is not really a Prototype but rather an Engineering Model. My suggestions are as follows will make it a Prototype:

1. Retain the sound engine as it is and improves on the USER Interface, with the following features:

a. No more DOS cmd display
b. Able to add tracks while player is playing
c. Play next track
d. Pause and Start

and many more, I am sure you can think of. A good starting point is from Foobar. Thanks for listening.