Pure Player - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th March 2011, 11:55 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

I get just the opposite (on XP SP3) :

error on CD tracks and MP3, but works fine with .wav or .flac files, without any scritch scratch.
Old 13th March 2011, 07:53 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I can verify that the download link works, and mp3,flac,wav,ape,ogg,CD files are fully supported. Any comments about it's sound?
Old 13th March 2011, 10:25 PM   #13
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I got it to work on playing files from my computer. I found the features from your s/w very basic, I think you must include some more basic features like play, pause,next,previous and stop button.
Old 14th March 2011, 12:18 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I am now playing your player on my system, the music reproduction is very revealing(a lots of details output yet smooth), more testing required, I have listened to many players from Mac and Win 7 including these:
Audirvana
Fidelia
Pure music for MAc
Decibel
J. River
Foobar

your player shows some promises please continue with your good effort so far, more work needs to be done. So far your player reproduces sound "similar" to those from MAC players on my iMac computer.
Old 14th March 2011, 01:51 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Hello,

On Mp3, I get "unknown file, trying SOX" and nothing happens.

On CD, the program checks each track and I have to reboot to escape.

but for the sound, I wonder if it's not better than Foobar, really nice, clear and detailed.

It needs a better interface to make the comparisons easier.
Old 14th March 2011, 04:25 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I believe your music player running on Windows 7 has potential, you suggested by removing unnecessary services would further improve sound reproduction, one of the utility you may like to have a look is Fidelizer, refer to the website below:

Windows X's Live | Fidelizer

rather than developing a similar s/w you want want to further develop your s/w around this s/w, i.e. Fidelizer I find it to be very useful. My knowledge in the coding of s/w is rather limited and I cannot gauge how good this s/w is, I am sure you find it interesting and could recommend it to use in conjunction with Pureplayer.

Cheers looking forward towards future development, more input on the sound reproduction, as I said before it is very revealing compared to Foorbar and J. River, if use with brighter equipment I am afraid it can be very tiring to listen to.
Old 14th March 2011, 07:31 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

@ttan98: Thanks for the review, the comments and your time. This is just an alpha version, more work will be done... I am using M2tech hiface and this player makes sound much more clear and natural.

@Radugazon: Please wait some seconds, it decodes the mp3 to wav... For CD the same, it rips the tracks, select Plat CD Mixed Mode.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:46 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by npetralias View Post
@ttan98: Thanks for the review, the comments and your time. This is just an alpha version, more work will be done... I am using M2tech hiface and this player makes sound much more clear and natural.
I am using iMac running Audirvana Version 7.2 now, if you can make your player to sound and interface like it I think you are doing an excellent job. To me Audirvana sounds really good now.
Old 15th March 2011, 06:57 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Thanks. You can download version 1.1: better sound and many bug fixes. Just overwrite the whole folder.
Old 15th March 2011, 09:29 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by npetralias View Post
Thanks. You can download version 1.1: better sound and many bug fixes. Just overwrite the whole folder.
Version 1.1 does not work, did you check before release. No music output even I press the play button. As a check my other player works.

Hide this!Advertise here!