PC to ? to DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to implement media streaming in my home so that i can remove the main copmuter from the living room and replace it with some sort of streaming device that be connected to a DAC before entering my system. Is there anyway to do this and what are the suggestions. MOst of what i have seen requires that i use an onboard DAC and i would prefer not to do that for sound reasons. I know there are a couple of threads about PC to DAC, but i am looking to add an inbetwwen that can preferably do TV and radio. Is the TV radio mix impossible.

Last edited:
I would like to implement media streaming in my home so that i can remove the main copmuter from the living room and replace it with some sort of streaming device that be connected to a DAC before entering my system. Is there anyway to do this and what are the suggestions. MOst of what i have seen requires that i use an onboard DAC and i would prefer not to do that for sound reasons. I know there are a couple of threads about PC to DAC, but i am looking to add an inbetwwen that can preferably do TV and radio. Is the TV radio mix impossible.

I'm currently running a "Patriot Box Office" media box.

Has ethernet/wireless input, with HDMI, RCA, SPDIF out.

I stream from a BSD server, though laptop may be used depending if I grab some new media.

Cheap and effective. Currently running the onboard DAC, through RCA out, the TV via the HDMI. Looking at a Hagerman valve DAC or something similar down the track.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.