PC player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MODT, a mainboard with laptop’s CPU used in desktop computer so as to save power, begans to appear years ago. I didn’t pay much attention to the concept of saving power until last year when I began to use laptop. Then I found that computer waste much power and give out great heat when used in summer. In order to do my desgning work, I used high spare server, the well-known P4 3GHz in 2004. The very CPU costs 90w, so you can imagine how much the whole computer costs. Recently this computer didn’t work, so would like to change it for an MODT mainboard to solve the problem of giving out much heat and wasting power. But the average MODT just changes its CPU with laptop’s, with other things reserved. I think it is not good enough.
Fotunately I find a better mainboard, HP 2530p, which has been popular through the internet. It gathers with sound, video, and network card, as well as an extrally low voltage CPU. It can work only be fixed with RAM and hard disk. If the usual laptop’s mainboard is to changed into one for computer, it must collect with the original fingerboard switched to the display. But this 2530p mainboard can work with USB fingerboard. You just need to turn the USB into PS2 and the fingerboard applied to desktop computer works. What’s more, its BIOS has been improved, with its default output is the additionally joined display. I use a SU9300 testing mainboard, whoes consumption of power is tested to be about 15w. Certainly its heat is very low. The whole machine works steadily and functionally.
And then I DIY a case for the mainboard so it works more effectively. This case is made of two 15mm wide pieces of aluminium alloy. The size of the whole machine is 277.5X213.5X21mm and its weighs about 1.2kg, which is appropriate to be put into a CD player. And this machine costs only as much as a CD player, so it can directly work as an APE player. Furthermore it can smoothely download BT files. Some people use plexiglass to make the case, of course it is ok, but I think aluminium alloy is more helpful in defending radiation, interference and cooling. So plexiglass case is just a box.
The upper and lower libs are oriented by cylinders so the case can be closed tight without deriation. In oder to make it beautiful and not easy to be scratched, I specially do wiredrawing oxygenation to the coverage.
Furthermore, I design a set of converter for it, having three functions. The first one is the change-over of hard disk, that is to switch the JP 10 to a 2.5’ hard disk as the internal part; to transfer the CD driver into a standard SATA for the use of an external 3.5’ hard disk. I have once used converting wire, but it didn’t work not long later. I used an ESATA adaptor in my last case, but it was difficult to be welded. So I use the best soft FPC winding displacement
in this PCB, convenient to joint and beautiful and brief. The second one is to add a USB adaptor. And the last one is to obligate a switch so that when connected with the power on/off button the switch insteads of the button and the case can be put on the computer.
At last what I want to talk about is that I add a merchanical spring at the bottom of the hard disk; for one thing it can antivibrate and for another thing raise the disk to the upper lid so make the whole case cooling by itself.
For more information, pls take a look at the pictures.
For new products, pls browse by blog: arbore.blog.163.com

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.