USB DAC recommendation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 of these. Kits arrived very fast and everything worked from first. It works really nice sounds very good and it is cheap. But you need to buy transformar and tube if you want it......
It has no other input only usb. Those optical and coax are digital outputs. But there was a small daughter board available to ,,upgrade,, it to coax input as well. But it is not available any more so I have to make it.......and if you want it I can send you the boards....or bring it to you in September when I am moving to London.....
Regards, Taj
great USB valve TUBE DAC kit. recommend~ | eBay UK

Very happy with a cheap "Muse" brand Chinese e-bay unit. Clearly better than my high end Rotel. I do want to build a better power supply for it. Not USP powered though. Small enough you could build a battery pack. Cambright and PS are well received, but one would have to convince me they actually sound better, or if the bucks were better spent on cans or more music.

I got a Muse TDA1543 x4 DAC (no usb input) for $60 - it blows the socks off any commercially made DAC I have heard!

For usb->spdif, I think any converter which takes its power from an external supply (rather than the USB power) would be fine.....

I have 2 of these. Kits arrived very fast and everything worked from first. It works really nice sounds very good and it is cheap. But you need to buy transformar and tube if you want it......
It has no other input only usb. Those optical and coax are digital outputs. But there was a small daughter board available to ,,upgrade,, it to coax input as well. But it is not available any more so I have to make it.......and if you want it I can send you the boards....or bring it to you in September when I am moving to London.....
Regards, Taj
great USB valve TUBE DAC kit. recommend~ | eBay UK

Tajzmaj

Thanks for the tip. How did you manage to get the tranformer?

JC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.