Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Binary 8 bit to BCD display
Binary 8 bit to BCD display
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th August 2010, 06:16 AM   #1
wabun is offline wabun  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Binary 8 bit to BCD display

Hi, can anyone help to share coding for PIC 16f628 for driving 3 digit BCD display ( 0 - 256 ) with 8 bit binary input ? thank you very much
Old 25th August 2010, 06:23 AM   #2
Iain McNeill is offline Iain McNeill  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

I've used a number of PIC chips and found a wealth of starter code at Browse Application Notes
for instance
Old 26th August 2010, 03:16 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

thanks. i search in web, if using logic decode, i wil need 8 IC's + 3 BCD display
using PIC, I still need to use some BCD driver + PIC + code. It looks like I might goes
for logic.
Old 1st September 2010, 05:21 PM   #4
Floric is offline Floric  Europe
diyAudio Member

If you have a tool to write it, you could use a 16Bit E(E)prom as a "table" to decode. The lowest number of parts but not the cheapest solution.

Regards

Flo
Old 1st September 2010, 05:27 PM   #5
wakibaki is offline wakibaki  United Kingdom
Banned

I recently posted some BCD code for PIC 16F887 here:

LED UV lightbox, Inkjet stencils, SMT, PIC 16F887 and BCD code

w
Old 1st September 2010, 05:52 PM   #6
wakibaki is offline wakibaki  United Kingdom
Banned

If you use 16F628 you will need to multiplex the displays. 16F887 will drive 3 displays directly.

w
Old 2nd September 2010, 01:30 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi WakiBaki, thanks a lot for the idea. I am actually working on a 8 Bit relay stepped volume control using 16f628 mentioned in Relay Volume Control with Pic microcontroller
however, it doesnt work very well, (1.) the rotary encoder doesnt response well. (2.) The 8 Bit doesnt display in BCD (3.) No remote control routine.
After search thru internet, I found another project Audio Volume Relay Attenuator with IR Control

it seems very complete and neat but unfortunately, I need to buy the microcontroller & firmware. It is not open source :-( somemore seller doesnt respond me after I mail to ask for PayPal acc to bank in.. I wish to build my
step attenuator with spec : (a.) 6 or 8 bit relay switched (b.) BCD display (c.) Rotary encoder (d.) Remote controllable
I am willing to learn, I bought the programmer & downloaded the assembler but i get stucked, I cant find good reference in the web..hopefully some one from this forum can lend me a helping hand...thanks a lot !

Binary 8 bit to BCD displayHide this!Advertise here!