Squeezebox Touch -- Modifications - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th November 2010, 08:32 PM   #81
mrdon is offline mrdon  United States
diyAudio Member

Awesome. Thank you.
Old 29th November 2010, 08:10 PM   #82
diyAudio Member

again great work @soundcheck, really looking forward to the new mods, am watching the blog daily
Old 29th November 2010, 08:13 PM   #83
Malka07 is offline Malka07  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atchi123 View Post
again great work @soundcheck, really looking forward to the new mods, am watching the blog daily
I'll second that
Old 5th December 2010, 05:08 PM   #84
omc is offline omc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Does anyone have copy of the blog saved, or any of the code/insructions? I would love to try this out.
Old 6th December 2010, 02:57 AM   #85
diyAudio Member

I don't have the instructions saved but hopefully the updated version will appear soon.
I'm posting to inquire whether any headway has been made on shutting down the screen w/ a SW mod. I have the screensaver while playing set to "screen off" but have read that this only kills the backlight. In the SB3 it was possible to actually shut the screen off (no power) w/ a noticeable gain in sound quality. My two Squeezebox Touch are running on wired ethernet and the scripts to prevent the wlan card and other unnecessary services as well as the digital output are in place. The poor capacitors on the analog outputs have been bypassed, a linear, regulated power supply from my earlier SB3's have been substituted and the sound quality is quite good. Eliminating electrical noise from the screen would be the icing on the cake.
Old 6th December 2010, 02:13 PM   #86
diyAudio Member

Man, I cannot wait when the new version of scripts arrive.
I've lost the old one but they really work. Can somebody post them on the board? The only thing I've managed to do on my own is turning off the wifi module, I'm not a linux guru :-(
Soundcheck, when will the new version be available? Do you need help? Just ask - I'm sure you'll be able to find it here.
Old 6th December 2010, 02:32 PM   #87
diyAudio Member

I am trying to do this, but I am wondering if I am using the wrong version of squeezebox server. The instructions say to simply go through the advanced menu and enable ssh. There is no such option anywhere in version 7.5.1. I have tried changing port #s, allowed ips or whatever I have control over.

Do I have to use an older version of squeeze server?
Old 6th December 2010, 04:24 PM   #88
diyAudio Member

omc:
Pick up your remote and IIRC the path is: settings>advanced>remote login
Old 6th December 2010, 07:32 PM   #89
diyAudio Member

Thanks, that got it working.
Old 6th December 2010, 08:49 PM   #90
diyAudio Member

I don't have the buffer mod and haven't unhooked my display, but the difference so far isn't subtle. I guess I have made a lot of changes to my system over the years, but have had a squeezebox as the digital source. An SB3 and now a touch. It really shows this was my weakest link.

One of the members was nice enough to forward a saved copy of the site, links and all. It was before the buffer mod. If anyone has a buffer mod file and could tell me which directory to install that would be great.

Hide this!Advertise here!