Squeezebox Touch -- Modifications - Page 52 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th October 2011, 08:22 PM   #511
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin View Post
Thanks very much. I'll try it out.
The problem is fixed for me with the RC6 build and was confirmed by Andy to be fixed. This build: 7.7.0 - r33614

By the way.........the Soundcheck mod's work just fine on this build. Thanks Klaus and looking forward to the new release!

Last edited by Fowl Balls; 18th October 2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 19th October 2011, 03:12 PM   #512
diyAudio Member

god im definitely late on this thread.
i have the SBT and have a had drive plugged into the usb, what i would like to know is it better to have a NAS plugged in or is a basic HDD ok?
Also following soundchecks excellent blog, how do i modify the squeezebox server setup with regards to flac, do i enter the SBT IP address and go in trhough that. as server is currently installed on the HDD??
cheers.
Old 20th October 2011, 03:06 PM   #513
diyAudio Member

longmanjon:
If I understood you correctly, you are running your Touch w/ a HDD connected via the USB input. The version of SBS (tiny) you are using is actually onboard the Touch itself and while it works, is generally reckoned not to provide the best quality of playback.
A separate PC, (it needn't be the the latest and greatest) w/ SBS installed and your music drive attached, will be a big improvement. Connected via ethernet and also connect the Touch via ethernet (to your home network) and then the server setup instructions will start to make more sense.
Larry

Last edited by larry crimmins; 20th October 2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 20th October 2011, 07:43 PM   #514
diyAudio Member

hey larry, yes you have it right. i thought that the server got installed on the HDD but i must be wrong. i didnt really want to have a pc connected for this to happen, i quite like the simple approach that i have but it seems it may not be right.
Old 22nd October 2011, 06:41 AM   #515
lykkedk is offline lykkedk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to lykkedk
Hello.

I know, that this may allready been discussed, but is there a possibillity to EQ the output of the Squeezebox Touch ?

I have been reading about the Brutefir, but it doesent seem to work on the Touch.

I am running the newest Squeezebox server.

Jesper.
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:22 AM   #516
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lykkedk View Post
Hello.

I know, that this may allready been discussed, but is there a possibillity to EQ the output of the Squeezebox Touch ?

I have been reading about the Brutefir, but it doesent seem to work on the Touch.

I am running the newest Squeezebox server.

Jesper.
You can run brutefir on the SBS server, a Linux server. There's a plugin available.

One little disadvantage is that you need to send flacs down to the client.
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:26 AM   #517
diyAudio Member

Folks.

I'm a little delayed. I found some minor problems which I need to fix before I can release TT30. TT30 should be running at least as stable as TT20.
I can't afford to answer tons of mails about this or that minor issue.

Today I'm out - there's a rather big audio show close by. I can't miss that one.

I hope I'll manage tommorrow.

Cheers
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:41 AM   #518
lykkedk is offline lykkedk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to lykkedk
Quote:
You can run brutefir on the SBS server, a Linux server. There's a plugin available.

One little disadvantage is that you need to send flacs down to the client.
Thanx Klaus...

I am running my server on a ubuntu super fast text -only server on some very old fan -less micro -itx card (800Mhz)

Till now, i newer did the encoding on the server, so if the Brutefir can work, i guess i have to try it out.

Jesper.
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:50 PM   #519
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to lake_eleven Send a message via MSN to lake_eleven Send a message via Yahoo to lake_eleven
Quote:
Originally Posted by lykkedk View Post
I bought the high-quality Ethernet cable that soundcheck recommends (about 7 Euros for 2 meters) and removed a bit of the shielding close to my Squeezebox as he recommends. No other solution (cheaper cable, fully shielded cable, another Ethernet switchbox in between) worked well. The differences are there; apologies to the laws of physics and engineering.
Any suggestions on how to do this?
Old 23rd October 2011, 12:15 PM   #520
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake_eleven View Post
Any suggestions on how to do this?
@lake_eleven

Just apply Soundcheck's instructions in section 2.2 of soundcheck's - audio@vise: soundcheck's Squeezebox Touch Toolbox 2.0

"I'm currently running Draka UC900 S/FTP cable with Hirose Plugs TM31!!!
(TM31P-TM-88P,) they sell at a couple of $/€ over here in Europe. I paid 6-7€
for 1m.

Note: I did remove the shield of my cable ( it's an S/FTP) 2 inches away from the
connector to avoid a ground loop into the Touch. That puts at least one
leg of that patchcable on ground.

Advise: Watch out -- many of those cables come with e.g. Hirose TM21 instead
of TM31 plug! This can make the difference! "

...and it definitely works! I have gained great improvement in the mediums. For me it is one must have and most audible improvement.

Buy the cable and carefully remove the jacket and the metal shielding on 2 cm close to the connector (side of the Touch) without damaging the 8 wires inside. For a dummy like me it was almost like a peace of cake so you should be able to do the same.

Hide this!Advertise here!