Squeezebox Touch -- Modifications - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th December 2010, 12:27 AM   #141
diyAudio Member

pm me.
Old 25th December 2010, 07:07 AM   #142
mb is offline mb
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry crimmins View Post
I'm sending all music as PCM, including 24/96 flac downloads to the Touch and I don't hear a dropoff in sound quality nor do I notice a great improvement over Red Book rips either.
FWIW, I also stream 24/96 pcm to my SBTouch, and I like the sound I get on 24/96, but the no. of albums in this formats I have is limited, and most are well recorded.

The difference in my setup is that all the pcm is eq'd with brutefir before being set to the SBTouch. For a zero cost add-on, brutefirdrc and the associated measurement software are a fantastic upgrade for the squeezebox. It support older boxes, so for SBT users a fair amount of manual setup is needed, and as always room measurement and correct setup of room filters is non-trivial.
Old 25th December 2010, 09:45 AM   #143
Henrykb is offline Henrykb  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Many thanks soundcheck for your Touch mods. I did most of them, no wlan, decode flac to pcm on server, install script on the Touch. I hope you soon find a way to post the second modifications. This week my ps audio DL3 will arrive, looking forward how this sounds with the touch :-). But already very happy with the V1 mods.
Old 25th December 2010, 06:44 PM   #144
diyAudio Member

I am using SBT since few months with version 1 of mods, but i didnt tested the screen mod.
Today i applied for the first time the "screen" mod. One more veil from the sound is gone.

Thank You for Your great work Soundcheck

I also hope, that you will find soon the way to publish the mods.
Old 30th December 2010, 08:06 PM   #145
heikah is offline heikah  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

i'm looking for some mods(scripts) for my squeezebox touch.
i was reading about disable wireless,logging etc. for improving sound quality.
unfortenately i can't find anything.
can someone help me out??

cheers
Old 30th December 2010, 09:46 PM   #146
diyAudio Member

Look at post #95:-)

Regards Bjarne
Old 31st December 2010, 03:05 PM   #147
diyAudio Member

I found those... Thanks.
Having the Touch for about a week (with linear power supply) there was a nice sound improvement replacing the Synology Nas > laptop > M-audio Transit > optical to Beresford Caiman DAC > Bryston B60 SST > Seas super mini monitor with Adire Sub setup i have. (The Touch replaced the laptop and Transit)
After the mods there is more improvement!
Not one of "night and day difference" but better bass, more clarity, space and better detail. I like it very much.
The above is audible for me, my girlfriend thinks i am crazy ;-)
Unfortuatly i do not have the buffer or screen mods. I think they can make an improvement also.
Thank you Soundcheck for the effort you have made.
Maybe there are some good new year plans for 2011. I will keep an eye at your blog.
Old 1st January 2011, 07:32 PM   #148
heikah is offline heikah  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I've installed the mods on my touch and there's certainly improvement.
Thanks!!
unfortunately I've got some audio dropout.
I give squeezboxserver 7.5.2 high priority in windows 7 but still got problems
Does anybody has an idea?
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:50 PM   #149
diyAudio Member

I've found the mods via the link on #95. It is an older version, without the buffer and display off mods.
Technically, the installation went without problems. I could verify that the WLAN controller has been disabled. The FLACS are streamed in PCM (1,5 more load on the network) from an XP PC to the SBT. No dropouts or other problems with streaming (normal and high-res files).

I am very pleased with the result. I get now a more open sound, more details and timbres from the SBT. Thank you Klaus for doing this good work.

I would really like to try the "screen off" and "buffer" mods. Could somebody supply me the instructions?
Old 2nd January 2011, 08:42 PM   #150
peteg is offline peteg  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremel View Post
I've found the mods via the link on #95. It is an older version, without the buffer and display off mods.
Technically, the installation went without problems. I could verify that the WLAN controller has been disabled. The FLACS are streamed in PCM (1,5 more load on the network) from an XP PC to the SBT. No dropouts or other problems with streaming (normal and high-res files).

I am very pleased with the result. I get now a more open sound, more details and timbres from the SBT. Thank you Klaus for doing this good work.

I would really like to try the "screen off" and "buffer" mods. Could somebody supply me the instructions?
Same here, it would help me out.
Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!