Squeezebox Touch -- Modifications

Klaus,
I have run the toolbox and it is working very good!
No probs here.
The tt -d and the tt -e are very usefull for a comparison, my girlfriends comment: "the first one is flatter" is a great compliment ("the first one" was the original touch).

The sound improvement is very good and actually quite remarkable concidering they are software mods :worship:

The connection is with cable and i have a SB booster power supply.
Thank you very much!!
Remco

tar -xv -f touchtoolbox2.0.tar ???

Via OS X Terminal app, not working and then working...

# cd /
# tar xvf touchtoolbox2.0
tar: can't open 'touchtoolbox2.0': No such file or directory
# tar xf touchtoolbox2.0.tar
# ttinit
# ttinit

soundcheck's SB Touch Toolbox 2.00: Initialization

Saving Original Files!
Touch Toolbox 2.00 has been initialised. Rebooting system!

Novice and Mac user

Hi All:
I've been following this thread in the hope that one day I will be able to figure out how to do the SW mods for the SBT. Would anyone have the patience to explain how to do these mods from step one for a Mac user? I have downloaded Fugu and can open it, but have no idea how use it. I also notice that some people aren't able to download the new files. I can't either. But I have read the Soundcheck's new instructions for Toolbox 2.0.
If I am too much of beginner for this group, I fully understand.
Thanks.

Brucemo

thanks omc.
the "unknown Hz" thing, soundcheck mentions in his blog...apparently its just a 'kernel bug' or something. nothing to worry about apparently.
got to say on first listen I like the improvement from these mods.
i applied the buffer mod and couldn't get it to work with any of the lower values, I got static type noises so reverted to the stock value.

thanks omc.
the "unknown Hz" thing, soundcheck mentions in his blog...apparently its just a 'kernel bug' or something. nothing to worry about apparently.
got to say on first listen I like the improvement from these mods.
i applied the buffer mod and couldn't get it to work with any of the lower values, I got static type noises so reverted to the stock value.

What buffer values did you try? What's your setup?

In reference to the buffer values, I tries the suggested 3600us, but testing a 24/96 file I was getting intermittent glitches. I changed it to 4000us and the 24/96 file played fine. Thereafter, I started playing Pandora, and I was getting intermittent glitches again but this time of course with streaming media. I randomly set the buffer to 10000us and no longer am getting the glitches with Pandora. When I get some time later on, I will start backing it down first to 9000us and so on and so forth.

Hi All:
I've been following this thread in the hope that one day I will be able to figure out how to do the SW mods for the SBT. Would anyone have the patience to explain how to do these mods from step one for a Mac user? I have downloaded Fugu and can open it, but have no idea how use it. I also notice that some people aren't able to download the new files. I can't either. But I have read the Soundcheck's new instructions for Toolbox 2.0.
If I am too much of beginner for this group, I fully understand.
Thanks.

Brucemo

Brucemo,

I would be happy to assist you with these mods using OS X. Please contact me offline and I can assist you through the process using Terminal. Send me an email through the diyaudio system.

In reference to the buffer values, I tries the suggested 3600us, but testing a 24/96 file I was getting intermittent glitches. I changed it to 4000us and the 24/96 file played fine. Thereafter, I started playing Pandora, and I was getting intermittent glitches again but this time of course with streaming media. I randomly set the buffer to 10000us and no longer am getting the glitches with Pandora. When I get some time later on, I will start backing it down first to 9000us and so on and so forth.

There could be a relation between server and not to forget network
activity. While streaming Pandora you'll have a lot more ongoing on the network.

General remark:

Thx to all of you for your valuable feedback until now.
The majority seems to have managed to get the installation
working without problems.

On my Apple remotes ( iPad,iPhone) I use issh as the terminal
program of choice. You can easily setup the connection or a macro executing a certain command like ttscreen with one fingertip.
I'll write some lines about it later on.

2. If you run WLAN you probably can't make use of the buffer tweak.
( Though I havn't tested it. I don't recommend this setup anyhow,
but that you know.)

Cheers