diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   PC Based (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/)
-   -   Teralink X2 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/165129-teralink-x2.html)

edodo 15th April 2010 11:26 AM

Teralink X2

I just received it and it does work well, the sound is smooth and detailed so I can say there is no problem with me. I use a meridian DAC and DSP active speakers.

Using the spdif from the maudio 2496PCI from the PC was not tolerable. Every time I switch the rooms lights on/off the sound would stop for a second. Now everything is tip top sounding and no drop off!

Any with the same usb/spdif convertor and care to comment?

GavT 20th April 2010 07:46 AM

Hi, I'm looking to buy a Teralink X or X2 in the next few weeks for my Home Theatre PC project. Do you mind if I ask where did you buy the Teralink X2 from?

I'll add my comments on its performance once I've given it a try.

Thanks.

joe_mansell 23rd April 2010 12:24 AM

I bought the X2 on eBay on 2010/03/31. I found it to be very good but a little "soft" like my Audiotrak DR.DAC2 DX when using USB.

anbello 23rd April 2010 08:45 AM

The Teralink X2 and Audiotrak DR.DAC2 DX have the same USB audio controller: Tenor TE7022L.

I would like to know if anybody have tried this board with linux.

Ciao
Andrea

joe_mansell 24th April 2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anbello (Post 2163466)
The Teralink X2 and Audiotrak DR.DAC2 DX have the same USB audio controller: Tenor TE7022L. I would like to know if anybody have tried this board with linux.

I have used them both with Ubuntu. I sold the X2 but have my DX connected to Ubuntu by USB at this moment. System IDs the unit as "Audiotrak_DR.DAC2_DX".

I am using the switching PS and USB cable that came in the box. The USB cable has a noise filter at the "B" (DAC) end.

anbello 26th April 2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe_mansell (Post 2164960)
I have used them both with Ubuntu. I sold the X2 but have my DX connected to Ubuntu by USB at this moment. System IDs the unit as "Audiotrak_DR.DAC2_DX".

I am using the switching PS and USB cable that came in the box. The USB cable has a noise filter at the "B" (DAC) end.

Hi joe_mansell,
thanks for the info, have you tried if it's possible to use these cards with Ubuntu also at 96/24?

Ciao
Andrea

anbello 26th April 2010 12:10 PM

Another question to people owning a TE7022L based cards (like the Teralink X2):
have you tried it with ESS9008 or 9018 DAC (Buffalo I or II)?

Ciao
Andrea

joe_mansell 26th April 2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anbello (Post 2166451)
Hi joe_mansell,
thanks for the info, have you tried if it's possible to use these cards with Ubuntu also at 96/24?

Ciao
Andrea

Everything going to the DAC was 44kHz, couldn't find a solution. I don't know if this was gstreamer or pulseaudio or ALSA issue.

anbello 27th April 2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe_mansell (Post 2166838)
Everything going to the DAC was 44kHz, couldn't find a solution. I don't know if this was gstreamer or pulseaudio or ALSA issue.

To know what is going on you have to disable pulseaudio (maybe this is not necessary if you are shure no other apps are using audio) and try something like:
# aplay -l
to see the right numbers for you interface (to replace x and y below)
# aplay -Dhw:x,y song.wav
with song.wav a 96KHz 24bit wav file

Ciao
Andrea

diytoon 18th May 2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anbello (Post 2163466)
The Teralink X2 and Audiotrak DR.DAC2 DX have the same USB audio controller: Tenor TE7022L.

I would like to know if anybody have tried this board with linux.

Ciao
Andrea

I have a teralink X2 on my ubuntu netbook...works out of the box, but cannot get it to output 24b 96k