Creative X-Gamer vs M -Audio Fast Track Pro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,i wanna ask you which sound card would be better for my PC.
I have 2 options :
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer | Creative Labs Online Store
and the next one :

M-Audio Fast Track Pro

M-AUDIO - Fast Track Pro - 4 x 4 Mobile USB Audio/MIDI Interface with Preamps
So, i wanna explain what's the story:
I have now the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer ,in my PC.
For all i'm doing,i'd say is a nice soundcard. But my brother has the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, he purchased something better,he is working more "professional" :) so he decided to give me his M-Audio.
He will send me the card in about 10-12 days,and the question is :
should i sale the Creative, and keep the M-Audio ??
What do you think, guys ?? Please give me some advices.
All i want is a good sound quality ( like my Creative,or better ) for gaming,movies,music....
Thanks in advance.

Let me know how the M-Audio sounds, im thinking of purchasing one for my home studio, 24bit DAC, balanced line TRS output!! should sound great i think. plus the added quality Mic pre-amps is a bonus! I dont like Creative, it converts all source to 44khz no matter what it is, so i have heard anyway. I mixdown in 96khz/24bit!

Audigy series had its DSP locked to 48kHz so everything is resampled and processed @ 48kHz, this limitation was (iirc) removed in X-Fi series.

I'd go for the M-AUDIO anyway because you can plug your mic and guitar to it.
I'm not going to use guitar in the near future :D
What about the sound quality in games,music,movies...with M-Audio?
I read some stuff about, there is no surround with M-Audio ?
And for gaming, no EAX support like with an X-Fi Card.
Is that really noticeable for gaming sound ? Are there a lot of games with
EAX support ?
I don't know what to do, really. If the M-Audio card would be same ( or better ) like Creative, i'll keep the M-Audio,but i'm affraid,maybe if i keep the M-Audio,i will have crap sound quality,compared to Creative :D:D

I'm not going to use guitar in the near future :D
What about the sound quality in games,music,movies...with M-Audio?
I read some stuff about, there is no surround with M-Audio ?
And for gaming, no EAX support like with an X-Fi Card.
Is that really noticeable for gaming sound ? Are there a lot of games with
EAX support ?
I don't know what to do, really. If the M-Audio card would be same ( or better ) like Creative, i'll keep the M-Audio,but i'm affraid,maybe if i keep the M-Audio,i will have crap sound quality,compared to Creative :D:D

if you really want X-Fi
Get an Auzentech card they use the creative chips but have their own drivers and use custom boards (swappable opamps etc.)

I've got a Prelude X-Fi and very happy with it.

If i was building another machine today I'd probably get an Asus Xonar Card (not sure of the exact model... depending on what the system would be mainly used for)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.