New USB 2.0 Audio controller from VIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is all *very* promising. Even more so now that I see C-media is also keeping up with technology. Not a surprise, their current chip is very widely used, almost as much as the TI solutions... (from what little I can tell).

I'm most interested to hear what the driver requirements are. Will these work with standard windows/linux/mac drivers (OS X "core" audio?) Or do they require custom drivers similar to high speed firewire solutions?

Anything about driver support in the VIA docs?

Thanks!
CK

Well I got a product brief document from Via, it's confidential so I can't post it. But I can say that while it doesn't support asynchronous transfer, it does support 11 isochronous endpoints (5 in, 6 out) and a "feedback" endpoint which somehow guarantees lossless transfer.

Confidential? lol

Did they make you sign a NDA? If not, please post away.

cmedia has a similar solution
C-Media Electronics, Inc.
I hope that Micro$oft and some linux driver programmer wite usb audio class 2.0 driver.

ciao
andrea

C-Media has had that info up for over a year, but I have yet to see any information that proves it actually exists. As far as I'm concerned it's the Lock Ness monster.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.