USB soundcard that can drive a usb headset?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am searching for a chip that can accept stereo audio and drive a usb soundcard (i.e. usb headset). Is such a chip available?

What I want to do, is the following:

Image the usb port of a pc. In this port, I can connect a stereo headset with a usb connector (which has an embedded soundcard). What I want to build is something that can be put in between the pc and the stereo headset, and allow me to mix a stereo signal with what the pc sends to the headset.
What is the easiest approach to implement something like this?

For example, on the side that connects to the pc I can connect a TI PCM2906B, which will give me two stereo channels (speakers/microphone).

But since I have mixed the sound, what should be placed on the end the usb headset will be plugged in? Something that will be able to pass sound & receive microphone sound to/from the usb headset?

Yes, I know that this will be very easy if I had a pc, but all this will not be plugged into a pc (unfortunately) but on a device that runs a proprietary firmware. Of course I can use a pc in between (that will do easily what I want), but this will be an overkill. This is why I am looking for small in size & power consumption alternatives...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.