EAC questions - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > PC Based

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th October 2009, 12:33 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default EAC questions

When using Exact Audio Copy to rip and I am also using their burning software , I think the call it Burn Proof. If I am trying to rip and burn a live recording that has no gaps between tracks or something like Marvin Gaye's "Whats Going On" where one song blends into the next. I can't seem to get a rip and burn that does not have a gap between tracks that shouldn't have. How do I get EAC to stop doing this?

Thanks,

Keith Lockwood
Old 19th October 2009, 01:25 AM   #2
andy_c is offline andy_c  United States
Banned

To rip the CD, do an "Action, Copy Image & Create CUE Sheet, Uncompressed". This will give you a single WAV file image of the disc, along with the CUE sheet that specifies the individual tracks that make it up. Then do "Tools, Write CD-R". In the child window that opens up, do a "File, Load CUE Sheet" and navigate to the folder containing the CUE sheet and WAV that you just ripped. Then do a "CD-R, Write CD". That should do it.

I have had zero success trying to burn a CD from individual tracks with EAC. But for burning a single WAV with a CUE sheet it seems fine. To burn a CD from individual tracks, I use Nero.
Old 19th October 2009, 11:32 AM   #3
wwenze is offline wwenze  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Just take any software that can copy in RAW mode and use that. Normal CD copying should work also, but since there's RAW mode why not.
Old 19th October 2009, 12:01 PM   #4
Key is offline Key  United States
diyAudio Member

Neither of those two recommendations are needed. You can rip your CD to individual files and they do not need to be raw.

Use the burning program in EAC it should be under tools. Load the cue sheet and it should be fine.

If you just try to load the files it will add 2 secs in between them but there is also a setting to get rid of them in the software.

If you haven't done it already you probably want to set up EAC for secure ripping either by following a guide or using Accurate Rip or both. This will setup your read offsett but you will also need to determine your burn offsett before burning.

Hide this!Advertise here!