troubleshooting zv9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have actually decided to strip and rebuild the entire channel but for my own edification i was hoping someone might offer up some advice as to what might be causing the following problem:

1. DC output from rectified transformer is 52V (on my other channel i am getting 48V). Is 52 VDC to high?
2. I get a very distorted sound out of the speaker and with hardly any volume. You can almost hear the beat of the music but that's about it.
3. I thought i had blown the JFET but i replaced that and i still have the same problem.
4. The amp did work at one stage and then something blew / popped ( i think i had shorted out my MOSFET's. Before it blew i had trimmed the DC to read half of the input. Once it had blown there was no voltage difference where i had measured to trim the DC. So i replaced the JFET and it's adjacent MOSET and now i have a voltage but i had to turn the trimpot way down to get it back up.

What do you think the problem is?

As i said i am sick of mucking around with this so i am going to rebuild the entire board. Do you think i need to rebuild the PSU?

Does it get hot? If not, then your psu is not loaded and it can easily climb a few volts higher than under normal operation.

Try to measure as many voltages and compare them to the healthy channel. If you find a difference, you'll be able to get a better idea of where to look for burned components.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.