Zv6-t?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cloth Ears said:

Roboman said in his previous post that he had trouble when the MOSFETs he was using were dissipating 75W. At the moment, I'm pretty close to that and I'd rather not be buying replacements all the time (cost is one issue, heart is another).

Magura said:

75W for an IRFP240 is no big deal, I have to my surprise had mine running much (as in very much) harder for a year by now....

Magura :)

Well, the test came to an end today :cool:

The IRFP9240 of the CCS went south (although in a boring and civilized manner).

When I wrote "running them much harder" it meant 44V 3A (132W) at 60degrees/C, this is the max. power dissipation according to the datasheet. A rough estimation would be something like 1000 hours lifespan.

Magura said:
Well, the test came to an end today :cool:

The IRFP9240 of the CCS went south (although in a boring and civilized manner).

When I wrote "running them much harder" it meant 44V 3A (132W) at 60degrees/C, this is the max. power dissipation according to the datasheet. A rough estimation would be something like 1000 hours lifespan.

Thanks for putting yourself in the "literal" firing line for this. It's always useful to know how long things will last when pushed (and 44V 3A is pretty well 'pushed').

Cloth Ears said:

Thanks for putting yourself in the "literal" firing line for this. It's always useful to know how long things will last when pushed (and 44V 3A is pretty well 'pushed').

It was the max I could make the fets work at under the circumstances. I actually went higher but then they went bang within minutes or even seconds :D

....but I sorta just had to see what actually would happen when pushed waaaay too far.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.