pearl HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Honestly I've to say that this pearl is the first I've seen here on DIYAudio that has a blown 2SK389.

The discussion on AnalogAudio refers to another discussion on Audiomap where 1 guy also had a blown 2SK389.

I guess some thousand pearls are done up to today. So I cannot see a reason to deduce a general problem from these 2 cases. However this does not stop the rumor from spreading.

Cheers, Hannes

Hannes,

Besides Gerry (PVC at Analog Forum) and Shallbehealed there's me and that makes three (not two) :D

What could be the problem and could it be fixed by duplicating the source resistor (R25) of the dual JFET, as is suggested at AudioMap.de?

All the best,

Fox

Doug,

No, I have read the modification you are referring to but somehow cannot find it anymore. I belief it was a major modification of the output stage. If you can come up with the hyperlink, please do ...

The modification I mentioned only involves that each halve of the JFET gets it own source resistor. After this modification the Pearl problems did not reappear again.

Again, what I would really like is an explanation as to why the Pearl output stage is prone to malfunctioning. Who of the members on this forum is experienced in this respect? :(

Best,

Fox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.